Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mathius

Update Error

Mathius

this appeared when i was updating?

An error occurred while updating DMS: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Rob

Okay, if this happens again, or to anyone reading this post, here's the solution.

Login to My Account at http://www.pagelines.com/my-account.   Download the latest released version of DMS as a zip file. Close your browser.

Unzip the file to your desktop, where you'll see a folder named dms. (NOTE: If you previously had a dms folder, remove it before doing this.  Do not overwrite a previous folder.)

FTP to your site and navigate to wp-content/themes where you'll find a dms folder... delete the entire folder.  Don't worry about your customizations, templates, settings, as they're all stored in the database and will not be affected by this.

Once the deletion has completed, you'll upload the dms folder from your desktop. Let the installation complete.

Now, open your browser and login.  Browse to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.  Look at DMS and you'll see the version number there. It should match the version currently offered.

View your website, and begin editing!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur