Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

studioc5

How do you add pernanent classes to sections ?

studioc5

I tried adding a class to a section and saving it into a template.  Each new page I create using that template, the class is not saved in the section, it seems that everything is going back to default. I tried putting a class on the main sidebar but on each new page the class is not there.

Danny
Hi, Can you show me your exact layout via a link or screenshot please. As I have just this moment added a class to a TextBox and save the template. I then went to a new page, loaded the template on that page and the class was in the TextBox.

Please search our forums, before posting!

studioc5

Hi, Can you show me your exact layout via a link or screenshot please. As I have just this moment added a class to a TextBox and save the template. I then went to a new page, loaded the template on that page and the class was in the TextBox.

You loaded the template, that is cheating in my book.  The template should work by selecting it in the admin while creating a page.  What If I import my pages or post by email. I dont use dms on my day to day posting.  So like I said before classes do not save in the template area.  I hope this has been put under suggestions so dms developers fix this..   Thanks

Rob

Hi,

To clarify this, a class is created using the Styling Classes field.  You just type in a unique term (must contain no spaces, only - or _ as punctuation), and these may be separated by commas.  Such as my-content-area1, my-content-area2.   Publish the page.

Then, create your custom code like this:

.my-content-area1 {background: red;}

When adding a class inside a text area, it's written as <div class=".my-content-area2">CONTENT</div>

After you've added classes and published the page, if you want create a new template, by all means do.  But if the classes are applied to a section, and the CSS is added correctly, then you will be fine.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur