Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dherries

Issues with Templates

dherries

I have created several templates but when I try to set them in DMS Page Setup I can select the template but when the pages are listed they all show the template as "Default" or "No template assigned". When I make a change to the setup it changes on all pages. This is very frustrating. Any help?

James B

Hi there,

So you're loading the page template on the front end of DMS for the current page you're working on and saving. Then moving onto another page, trying to load another template there and save, but go back to the original and both are showing the same layout as the one you just saved?

Are these static or dynamic pages? Pages like blog/archive/category are all special pages are will follow the same template, they aren't able to save/load different templates like static pages will.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dherries

I did not know there are different kinds of pages. I have a page called "What is your home worth" when I edit it I set it to use a template called CMA:

Image2.jpg

But when I look at the list it shows "Default".

Image1.jpg

But the bigger problem is that when I change the "What is your home worth?" page (ie: remove the slider). The template is changed on all pages.

Jake

Hi dherries - I believe the issue relates to what James was referring to, the templates within the front end of DMS. Take a look at the docs here http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/using-templates and then check to what you've got set as your default template in DMS and apply your CMA and/or other templates accordingly in that manner.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

dherries

This is exactly what I have done. I must be missing something because it is not working.

Jake

Hi dherries - Just to clarify, have you tried assigning the templates via the DMS editor as opposed to in the individual WordPress page options as shown in your screenshots? I want to make sure we're on the same page so we can get to the solution!

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com