Sign in to follow this  
hansonexperience

Lay-out will break in IE with iBlogPro (no custom.css?)

hansonexperience

I just put up my blog (http://www.hansonexperience.com/blog) with iBlogPro. Someone tipped me that in IE the layout will break after a few clicks (seems at random). As I look in the referrals I see that custom.css gives an error. After chcking the url /hansonexperience.com/blog/wp-content/themes/iblogpro/css it seems that there is no custom.css! The page not found error goes directly to that custom.css file. Could you please look into this.

cmunns

If the layout is breaking in IE it is because you have missing markup of some kind in one of the HTML fields. Can you show me a screenshot of what the "breaking" looks like?

hansonexperience

but I see a lot of 404 errors missing custom.css... I did not change things. I will send a picture

hansonexperience

Here is a picture. wfVZa.jpg

hansonexperience

Adding some: I also had a feature showing up in the category and taglistings..... I did not implemented that. I cleared it with some css in feature custom code suggested here on this forum.

hansonexperience

Does WP/iblogpro need to have writing access somewhere in the css directory for creating a custom.css? There is no custom.css

hansonexperience

here you see some page not found error which break layout and give the error from custom.css t5DcI.png

cmunns

When things start to get weird you need to start by disabling plugins. Then again double check any HTML you may have added so that all tags are closed. Also, check your permalink structure, maybe reset it to see if the 404 goes away. Although it looks like the 404 is your home page?

hansonexperience

Hhmmm. So I do not need the custom.css which is in the error link? I cannot reset my permalinkstructure as the posting are imported from movable type...

hansonexperience

No 404 is not just my homepage as you can see in the picture. That's a posting.

Andrew

Hi Hans, So a quick fix here, is either to remove the call to custom.css in you style.css document or add a file called 'custom.css' in the CSS folder in your theme.

hansonexperience

Hi I implemented the quick fix before I read this. Saved an empty custom.css in the css directory.