Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

franckhelin

How to code ?

franckhelin

Hi,

How to insert code with Textbox ? 

thank

greenfly

Hello Franck 

What code are you trying to add? What happens when you try to add the code? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B

Hi

You can hover over the textbox section in DMS and click on the pencil icon which will bring up the text box sections options. There you can enter your html code and save. http://screencast.com/t/omtkbCsoA

You won't be able to enter php in to the text box by default unfortunately, only html or shortcodes etc.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

franckhelin

I just discovered that you can also use the tags and <php> <javascript>! Cool !

Danny

Hi,

As far as I am aware you can not use PHP in a TextBox. Also, you shouldn't use Javascript in a Textbox, as it will most likely break your website.

Also, please do not create multiple topics regarding the same issue, I have closed this topic.

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/30194-how-to-code-text-html/

Please search our forums, before posting!

studioc5

I tried putting html into a text box and saving it as a permanent part of my template. But every new page I create using the template, the text box is emty.   How do you put pernanant blocks of code into the page layouts so every new page created sees the same block of code.

greenfly

Hello Studioc5 - please can you start a new topic? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

studioc5

Hi,

How to insert code with Textbox ? 

thank

If you want to use php, javascript, etc I highly suggest using the plugin PHP Code for posts By The Missing Code - this gives you a special interface like a custom post type where you can write any code and it will not be filtered.  It creates a shortcode for each snippet of code you create and you can place this on a page or in the text box.   It is actively updated so I would feel safe using it.

Rob

Okay, the way to use PHP in a text area is to convert it to shortcode using the best tool, Shortcode Exec PHP plugin. This plugin converts your PHP snippet into a shortcode and makes it work, without problems (as long as your PHP code works on its own).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur