Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pazyluz

cant edit my own site

pazyluz

edit bar on bottom but no edit buttons and no section lines on page    when u click to open edit bar, it takes over whole page and is very hard to get back where it belongs.  it wont size up or down. it covers the page or retreat to bar status

have cleared cache, logged in and out, logged in as someone else, nada

Danny
Hi, When you say Edit bar, are you referring to the DMS Toolbar ? Can you provide a screenshot of your issue please, as well as a link to the site in question.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pazyluz

peggygreen.net

link below says attachments not allowed.  why do I keep seeing that kind of thing when trying to provide screenshots?

Danny

Please upload your screenshots to a service like

http://imgur.com/

Then provide the URL to your reply.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pazyluz

http://i.imgur.com/y62U2Co.png

screenshot of peggygreen.net

here you will that I am in my wp-admin acct, with a dms toolbar below but only one edit button (At the fixed navbar) and no sections lines, nothing to drag.  ????

Also, at my pl pro site:  www.clearheartcoaching.com, all the videos and left navigation are gone. Its the same in firefox, safari on an ipad. whats up here?  

pazyluz

Pls tell me what the url shd read when:

I am on the homepage of my own site,

in wpadmin,

with dms toolbar available.

When I go to "visit site" from dashboard,

url changes from "peggygreen.net/wp-admin/" to simply "peggygreen.net"

is that what I shd be seeing?

pazyluz

OK, the dev helped me out with the editing issue.  

now need to know how to adjust dms toolbar so it doesnt swallow the page.  very hard to grab the the button that drops the toolbar back down.

AND: need to know what happened to my videos and side nav on www.clearheartcoachng.com

greenfly

Hello Peggy 

When I go to "visit site" from dashboard,

url changes from "peggygreen.net/wp-admin/" to simply "peggygreen.net"

is that what I shd be seeing?

Yes this is how it should be so no worries there 

As a test of your Visual editor sizing problem, Please try disabling all your browser extensions within chrome. Please let us know if this makes a difference. 

need to know what happened to my videos and side nav on www.clearheartcoachng.com

For this one. Please could you send me an admin logon for your site to hello @ pagelines.com and i will take a look at your site setup for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Hi Peggy 

Heres the setup of your home page. Your home page is using Template 1.

Template 1 has one side bar to the left. The sidebar has primary sidebar within it with one widget. http://d.pr/i/E2R6 The widget in the Primary sidebar is 'custom menu'  and the custom menu is set to 'Logistix Menu' http://d.pr/i/NtBI

But the menu isn't showing.  Also - the admin dashboard isn't showing on your home page. 

Could you try disabling the plugins and see if the menus return to rule out a plugin conflict?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Rob

Peggy, your toolbar in DMS is showing where it is because it seems to have been stretched or moved upwards. You should be able to click and drag it down.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur