This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Less Padding with Classy?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Sorry, again it isn't letting me post in the pro section. 

Read in the forums about classy. It is awesome! So helpful. 

With that said, I still can't seem to get rid of extra padding in a few places. Take a look at the heading in this preview. I have used "classy-nothing" on the header section, text box and nav area. You will see the header is still taller than I would like. Any suggestions?

Having this same problem an another site I am working on as well.

1 person likes this

Hold on! Might have just been caching or slow resfreshing? Came back later and it appears to be tighter. Thanks!

• Similar Content

• Textbox contents against the side of the screen on smartphones
      By Kempston+
      Good day
      How do I indent textbox content so that it's not flush against the side of the screen on mobile devices?
      When I view Kempston Truck Hire East London on my phone, the text is aligned against the side of the screen and doesn't look right.
      Many thanks
    • Remove or reduce margin (or padding) in header
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a site at:
      and I followed the instructions on building a "branding" area in the header:
      But, if you see the image I've attached, you'll see that there's a lot of space between the nav and the slider. Is this something I need to control with CSS in the Custom code section, or is there something else I can do that's part of the header section?

Actually, what would also be nice is if I could put a divider line there... like an orange or a light gray.
    • Header formatting
      By richardjacruz+
      I saw this website build with PageLines DMS:
      I want to have a header that's VERY similar. However, with the fixed area, I'm struggling with how to do that. 
      I want to have a "super menu" under one of the tabs, and drop downs for others, a larger logo to the left like this, a search all the way to the right, and a call-to-action at the top like we see with "Donate" (I want "Request a Quote").
      What area (fixed or header) is best to use for this, and, within that area, what are the best sections to place?
    • Hiding section issue
      By pehja+
      I wanted to hide navi section on my indexpage, because i have a second nav (Multi Menu) It works fine on
      my website. But on mobile devises it still shows. I tryed to use the standard options but then it is hidden on 
      all pages EXEPT index page. Is this a bug or just something that has been overseen or something that can
      be fixed. No I have not disabled all my plug ins.
    • Increasing the size of fixed navbar & contents (text & logo image)
      By emilyf+
      Hi there, 
      My site is  If this question has been answered before, please excuse me! I just haven't found someone else with my exact problem - or perhaps I am making the changes in the wrong place.
      I have been looking to increase the overall size of the fixed navbar and its contents. I want the menu text and the logo image to be about 1.5% bigger, and to remain vertically centered in the fixed navbar.
      I was able to increase the height of the fixed navbar by adding the following to my custom CSS (wordpress dashboard > Appearance > CSS stylesheet editor):
      section-navi .navi-wrap { height: 80px; }BUT, I am stumped as far as how to increase the font size of the menu, how to increase the size of the site logo, or how to keep it all vertically centered! As far as font size goes, I tried adding the following to my custom CSS, but nothing's happening.
      .navbar .navline > li > a { font-size: 20px !important; }  
      Your help is much appreciated!