Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jacobtippett

Get the footer to stick to the bottom of the page

jacobtippett

I am trying to get the footer to stick to the bottom of the page when in a browser stretched taller than the content of the page. It looks great on pages that have plenty of content, but for the splash page, it shows the BG image below the footer as well.

What it looks like in a larger browser: [attachment=1568:Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 5.04.09 PM.jpg]

What I want it to do when in a larger browser: [attachment=1569:Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 5.04.18 PM.jpg]

(Stick to the bottom of the page when the content does not exceed the browser height)

Any ideas?

Site: therefinerychurch.org

Thanks!

jacobtippett

Hey Rob, I tried putting it in the custom CSS and it still is not sticking to the bottom on larger browsers...

Rob

Jacob,  I'm not sure why.  That CSS shouldn't be affected by the browser/monitor size.

You may need a developer for this.  Unfortunately, I'm not one (wish I were in these cases).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jacobtippett

Rob, I promise you that when I tried it the first time it did not work... but I tried it again today and it did! 

Ha, I have no idea what I did wrong, but it is working great now. Thank you!  :goodjob:

Rob

Hi Jacob,  I'm so happy it worked!  Likely, it was caught in a cache, and when the cache processed/renewed, the change was implemented and became visible.  The mysteries of the Net, or as my generation called it, the ghost in the machine.

If you have a cache plugin, and you make changes to your site, make sure to use the plugin's settings to clear the cache so that you can see the changes immediately, and then refresh your browser.  This will help you in future. :)

jacobtippett

I appreciate it Rob. Would you or anyone else happen to know how to adjust the code so that the footer only sticks to the bottom when it is not interfering with other content?

Rob

Jacob,

Now you're getting into dangerous territory.  Essentially, you're asking for 'conditionals', which will require custom coding by a developer.  By 'conditionals' I mean that you're setting up a scenario where under certain conditions, X is done and under others, it's not.

jacobtippett

Then I will run far from this scenario, and work with it being fixed. Thank you for the warning, Rob.

Thank you!

Rob

You're very welcome Jacob!

• Similar Content

• ideascurator
      By ideascurator+
      Hello Pagelines,   I no longer use pagelines services. I have deactivated the automatic annual payment. But it already charged to my credit card. Since I cancelled my contract before the end, Can I request to refund?
    • Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      Hello,
      I am wanting to know what the status of the Pagelines Platform.
      I have noticed that there has been absolutely no updates on Platform 5 for over 8 months.
      Please tell me you haven't gone off on another tangent and going to build the next great solution
      and then leave all of us to have to completely rebuild our sites like we did for
      Pagelines, then DMS, then Pagelines Platform.
      I like what you build, but what you need to do is build one product and then make it better, rather than 
      abandoning it and building something else.
      You haven't done anything for so long that even WordPress is providing a warning.
      "Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress."
      So what is the Status. I mean if I am going to pay a monthly fee for a product, I don't want to pay for one
      that is no longer being supported. You have a great product, I'm not bashing it, I'm just wondering what 
      your next move is because I have business decisions to make for myself, and whether of not this is something
      I should stick with.

Please be kind enough to respond.

Thank You,
      Anthony
    • Paul
      By Paul+
      I was surprised to see I had no menu today - out of the blue - its actually moved to the bottom of the page!  After hours of fiddling and disabling every single plugin, leaving just plagelines the issue is still present.  See video for a basic text box - I moved it into the head and it jumps to the bottom and shows just above the footer but below the main content.  I have a temp fix by placing the menu into the first row on the main content but it does mean other than my home page, all other pages have no menu.  A quick fix is very urgent for this bug.
      https://thelaptopfixers.com

• russe-intensif
      By russe-intensif+
      Hi team,
      checking my site today, i'm surprised to see my MegaNav all in bottom of the pages, while it's in header.
      After getting to change it in couple of pages onto Template part (too time consuming !), i'm desperate and ask you for help :-)
      apprendre-le-russe-avec-ania.fr
      Thank you in advance !

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt