Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psiencesociety

iBox Issue

psiencesociety

1) The image uploaded is off center or is not centering. I am using a Yin/Yang image and I can only see part of Yang :(

2) I am using 3 boxes and all three are left justified. I want the 3 boxes to be centered to the page? Prob easy but I dont see the option anywhere. 

Thank you ahead of time, 

psiencesociety

I uploaded all three images and it almost looks like iBox right justify's uploaded images rather than centering. 

psiencesociety

Ok, I got the boxes to center by changing Number of Columns for Each Box to 4

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

psiencesociety

not yet, thank you Jake. Any image I upload has that off center look. I could edit the image to try and figure the offset but that would be a pain in the tuckus ;) shouldnt it center ? Either I am missing something or I need a "Center" code.

psiencesociety

Grrr

Jake these forums leave a lot to be desired. I would like to show the original image, but cannot upload an image to these forum. "Manage attachment" has no upload option. It shouldn't be that difficult :(

Jake

psiencesociety Could you possibly grab a screenshot for us to take a look at? I don't see anything off-center, in fact it looks very nice so perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

psiencesociety

Jake absolutely....I hate to say this but...how do you put a screenshot in the post? LOL.....I tried that "my attachments" thing in the profile info, but there is no where/way to upload anything/

psiencesociety

Jake or hows this.... 

I made the box link to the image. In the main image its center...in the box its not.

...You dont see that?

psiencesociety

you should be able to see the whole of the Yin Ying/ water/fire and what you end up seeing is just a little bit of the fire and the photo does not fully project its full meaning

Maybe if I knew the actual dimensions of the ibox circle I could edit the image to fit like a glove

psiencesociety

Jake Well I sort of fixed it, jury rigged more so. I took a screen shot of the 3 circles, imported it into photo shop, traced out the circle size and customized the image to that size. Then when I uploaded it the image matched the circle size and bam, centered.

Although I am not crazy about the method as I think I dropped the res somehow (I am no web designer for sure, but doing my best =) so if there is a way to import/upload an image and have that image center it would be so much better. 

Thank you Jake for any/all imput :)

Rob

The dimensions of the circles are dynamic and vary in size from browser to browser, device to device and based as well on the number of columns in iBox. Thus there are no set sizes.

That said, I'd recommend making your images 300px in width at the max.  In that way even in a huge monitor, they'll appear correctly, and will not be too big to resize in smaller devices, such as phones and tablets. The images center by default, provided the proper box/column setup is maintained.  The key is the value 12.

For 3 boxes, 4 columns, or 3x4=12.  Conversely, one could make 6 boxes of 2 columns each. as long as the combined value, multiplies to 12.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur