Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

orpheus42

DMS toolbar not showing up, page showing default browser styles

orpheus42

It's the first time I've activated the DMS. All plugins are disabled. It's a fresh install of WordPress on a brand-new Bluehost account. When not logged in I can see the unmodified DMS template, but I have basically an unstyled page when I'm logged in. All the info that should be in the DMS toolbar is below the footer and styled with only the default browser styles.

Judging by his screenshot, it's the same issue from this thread. I have not added any styles or scripts or anything - it's a brand new WP installation with no plugins. Environment is PHP 5.4.19 and MySQL 5.5.33.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning to use DMS for a major business application and need it to work; this is the first time I've tried to use it. So far very frustrated and disappointed.

James B

Hi there,

Have you deleted the default wordpress post and page without creating a new one to replace them. Wordpress will need the page/post id to create the css url, if there's they're removed and no standard pages/posts put into to replace them they you'll get the effect your describing as technical the layout.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

orpheus42

What a fascinating "feature."  ;)

Indeed it does work now. Thank you very much.

Rob

Great!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

orpheus42
Is there a "common issues" kind of thread that could be put in the documentation, maybe via a wiki section or something? I would happily contribute to something like that. I couldn't find anything like that before I posted this thread.

Rob

There's a common thread for plugin incompatibility. That's about it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur