This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nav-Section takes the wrong Menu

3 posts in this topic

Hi there!

Is there a way to set more than one mobile menu (by defining custom menus)? Or does DMS always refere to the menu defined in the Global Options (Primary Nav Menu)?

My Problem is:

On a client-website I've placed a nav-section on the top of one special page. The section is only visible on screens under 481px (via CSS) and I've defined a custom menu in the WP Dashboard for the nav-section. I've chosen the correct menu (in the options of this section), but when I visit the website with a display unter 767px (DMS css @media (max-width: 767px)), the menu shows up all the pages of the entire website in the menu. When I expand the website to over 767px, DMS shows the correct menu items from the custom menu.

Maybe I could solve the problem by setting this special custom menu in the DMS Global Options as the default pimary nav menu. But for me that would not be a solution, because I need more custom mobile menus.

I hope you can help me with that.

Thank you very much!

Hello again,

I just solved my problem by using uber menu.

But it would be interesting how to set up several mobil menus via DMS.

Happy evening :-)

Thanks Petra for informing us the issue has been resolved and for the suggestion.

1 person likes this

• Similar Content

• How centger navigation in DMS?
      By jeomiland+
      Have searched in the topics for "How to center top navigation" and see Simon's CSS solution from back in 2012, but that didn't work for me. Anyone know how to center top navigation in DMS 2.2? Used Navi in Fixed area, (added Navbar under Navi to experiment, but that may be removed soon.)
    • DMS 2 Navbar menu repeats in hamburger mode
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please? 

• More than 2 Mobile Menus
      By mistrmint+
      Is it possible to include more than 2 mobile menu's on the site?
      I am using 4 menu's but in mobile only the first 2 are clickable.
      Menu 4 is on a standalone page. If I click the menu on this page, the primary 2 menu's appear.
      i.e. Menu 4 is not clickable.

• Remove or reduce margin (or padding) in header
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a site at:
      and I followed the instructions on building a "branding" area in the header:
      But, if you see the image I've attached, you'll see that there's a lot of space between the nav and the slider. Is this something I need to control with CSS in the Custom code section, or is there something else I can do that's part of the header section?

Actually, what would also be nice is if I could put a divider line there... like an orange or a light gray.
    • Header formatting
      By richardjacruz+
      I saw this website build with PageLines DMS:
      I want to have a header that's VERY similar. However, with the fixed area, I'm struggling with how to do that. 
      I want to have a "super menu" under one of the tabs, and drop downs for others, a larger logo to the left like this, a search all the way to the right, and a call-to-action at the top like we see with "Donate" (I want "Request a Quote").
      What area (fixed or header) is best to use for this, and, within that area, what are the best sections to place?