Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kareemtaylor

Spaces between title and post content, spaces between paragraphs

Rob

Hi,

Using tools such as Chrome's Inspect Tool or Firebug for Firefox, you can probably see that the title has an hentry CSS. Likely, there's some margin or padding there which can be resolved with custom code.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kareemtaylor

Is there a practical solution or should I guess at what this above response means?

Rob

Well, one solution is to provide a live link to the DMS site and I'll be happy to take a look.

If the site isn't live, and I did check to see your site is using Framework Lite, then there's little I can do except to point you to those resources and our docs at http://docs.pagelines.com 

Please be aware that support for the free editions is limited.

Rob

I don't know the page number.  You'll have to find that.

However, this is what you need to add to Custom Code:

.page-id-XX .post-meta {
    margin-bottom: 0.3em;
}

XX is the page ID number and must be replaced with the numeric value.  This is found by looking in Dashboard > Pages > All Pages and checking the ID number of the biography page.

I must point out that someone, not PageLines, added custom code to include 1.71em in place of 0.3em.   So, you'll have conflicting CSS if you don't get the page ID number correct.

kareemtaylor

How do I make changes to the CSS and find the "1.71em" item you are referring to?

Rob

As I have no idea who did that, or where they did it, it's impossible to say.

Look in Custom Code, but it could well be in a child theme or in PageLines Customize in a style sheet.

You don't have to change the 1.71.  I'm sure it's there for a purpose.

You need, instead, to find the proper page ID, replace the XX with it, and paste the modified code I provided in the Custom Code area.

kareemtaylor

The issue exists on more than one page, it exists on all pages and posts. I just included that as a sample.

Rob

Then remove the .page-id-XX part, and go with

.post-meta {
    margin-bottom: 0.3em;
}

kareemtaylor

Do I just add this to the Custom CSS or do I need to delete something else and add this?

Rob

It's one way to try it.

Who built the site? That's who needs to tell you about the 1.71em.

kareemtaylor

I am the only one building the site, no change to CSS as I don't know CSS. How can I revert the website, deleting all changes to any CSS, to start from scratch? 

Rob

Well, if you're saying you've not added any CSS, then just add the code I provided in the Custom Code area (Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code) and don't worry about the rest.  You can't reset the CSS only and I wouldn't like to tell you to reset the entire site, losing everything you've done.

kareemtaylor

That code worked for the title area, but the paragraphs still have an unusual amount of space between them.

Rob

Again, you have to use inspection tools to identify the problem area, find and modify the CSS you need changed.

I cannot provide customization assistance for a free product.  I can provide support if you make an attempt to do this yourself, but again, in limited fashion.

Danny

annabenson - Your issue is related to a third party plugin called tgp get posts. Therefore, you will need to contact the plugin author for support, we do not provide support for third party plugins.

Please search our forums, before posting!