Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warrenneedham

Visual Editor not functioning in DMS

warrenneedham

DMS visual editor has been working fine.  Website is now live at http://goo.gl/9FeHvu and displays fine, but when i logged in today to make an edit, loading up the site in chrome, when logged in - the visual editor seems to be "broken"  - see images below:

screenshot.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

I have disabled all plugins to no avail.

Has anyone got any ideas?  I am currently unable to edit the site at all :(

Thanks!

Rob

This has happened to me as well.

It's usually a momentary glitch, often involving the cache of your browser.  To resolve it, I've been able to perform a hard refresh of the browser and fix the issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

warrenneedham

Hi Rob

Have tried this several times from different computers without success.  Any other ideas?

Really need to update this site urgently.

Danny
Hi, Can you try and disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

warrenneedham

Hi Danny

I have tried this already to no avail.  I suspect it might be some javascript i inserted into a textbox to bring up a schedule feed from ZeitConnect, but it hasnt given issues before?

The code I was given is:

<script type="text/javascript" src = "http://www.zeitconnect.com/run/046ae.js"></script>

which i pasted in a textbox in a section.  Problem is, now i cant edit the section to remove it to find out if it is the issue.

Anything you can advise?

/W

Danny

Javascript shouldn't be added to a TextBox, all javascript should be added to the DMS Toolbar > Custom Code > Custom Scripts panel.

Can you not delete the Textbox where you added the javascript ?

Is the textbox loaded only on that template, if so, you may have to delete the template. Do a export of all your DMS templates and settings before deleting the template.

warrenneedham

Thanks for that.  I have removed the javascript and Visual Editor is functioning again.

Are you able to provide step by step instructions on how to place the javascript text and then call it in the position i need it?

Thanks in advance,

Warren

Danny

warrenneedham

What does the javascript do ?

Also for support on this javascript you would need to contact the author/developer of the code.

warrenneedham
Hi Danny

The script which I included in my previous reply pulls a yoga studio schedule from the calendar manager website (mind body) and places it on their own website. The authors have provided the code string and instructed that it just be placed on the Wordpress page where we want the schedule to show. It worked beautifully before on Pagelines without incident, but I have now redone the site in DMS and it seems to break the Visual Editor.

If I am to place it in the DMS Tools, how do I call it on the page again?

Danny

Javascript isn't my forte to he honest, so I am entirely sure. However, that script is causing the Visual Editor to break. I would contact the authors and ask them if there is any alternative method. In the meantime, I have created an issue on our tracker.