Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

relyon

Header Image Not Responsive

relyon

Hello,

I'm using DMS for the first time, and while the site itself seems to be responsive, the header image I've uploaded is not... and I need it to be. How do I make that happen?

Thanks!

Danny
Hi relyon, Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny
Can you show me which image you're referring to, as I can't see a header image on your site. I do see two instances of the QuickSlider, but no actual header image.

relyon

I changed it about 20 minutes ago... my temp fix was to remove the header and add a 2nd quick slider because that is responsive, but that means adding a quick slider individually to every page, when I want the top image to be a header (on every page.

I also have to save media boxes about 5 times to get changes to stick, so it could just be taking a while to appear? So far this is a bit frustrating...

Danny

Is it possible to tell me how you added your header image or provide the code you used to add the image. If it isn't responsive, then its most likely related to the method you used to add it.

The simplest way to add an image to your header would be to use a MediaBox.

The issue you're having with the MediaBox changes not taking effect right away is most likely caused by either you not clicking publish and allowing enough time for the changes to be saved or you have a plugin conflict or server issue.

I have just this moment added a MediaBox to my template, uploaded a image and clicked saved. The changes took effect right away.

I have just added your sites domain to a Reverser IP checker server and found that you're in a shared hosting environment with 999 other websites sharing the same server resources as yourself.

Shared hosting is very cheap and extremely poor, this is probably the cause of your MediaBox saving issue.

http://d.pr/i/nfCS

Anyone using shared hosting will most likely encounter some issues, from poor performance to certain conflicts with either DMS functionality or plugins you install.

This is because shared hosting is designed to be cheap and is good for static websites, but when you want to have a dynamic website using a CMS such as Wordpress, shared hosting is poor. We recommend the following host, if you would like to check them out - http://getflywheel.com/

**Update**

Just noticed that you have added the image again, you have added your image you the section area, adding an image here uses the Cover size, meaning that the image will resize to fit the area. However, this isn't the effect you're after.

You could probably use this custom TextBox created by one of our store developers called FullBox. Its basically a Full Width Textbox, you can use HTML to add your image and if you add your image using our grid, it will be responsive.

http://etc.bz/R6Rn