Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloggotech

468 x 60 Advertisment near logo

bloggotech    0
bloggotech

Hello,

I've been using pagelines by wordpress for a few months now and I need help. I was wondering how you could add a 468 x 60 ad near the logo on my blog, www.blogdude.co.uk. I can't seem to find it in the pagelines settings either. I was wondering if this is possible

Thanks,

Kevin

bloggotech    0
bloggotech

Hello,

Thanks. I don't have the pagelines customize plugin yet. I'll downloaded it. What do I have to do afterwards?

bloggotech    0
bloggotech

Sorry but how do I download it? I'm using a theme that uses the pagelines settings so I have no idea on how it works. 

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi,

You're using PlatformPro, please be aware that we this product is considered legacy and we do not provide support for it anymore. I would recommend you upgrade to DMS.

However, I have provided you with the start of the hook which should work for you. You will need to replace the test "Add your ad code here!" with your Ad code.

add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons','my_add');
function my_add() {
?>
Add your ad code here!
<?php 
}

You add this code to the PlatformBase themes functions php file.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bloggotech    0
bloggotech

Hello,

I know it's a bit late but when I use the code, my whole website doesn't load at all. Any ideas,

Kevin

Danny    1,327
Danny

Where are you adding the code ?

Danny    1,327
Danny

If by themes functions.php file you mean Platform Pro's functions.php file, that isn't the correct place and the reason why you're unable to access your site. All customization related to hooks etc.. should be placed inside the child theme (PlatformBase) functions.php file.

Platform Base theme should be available for you to download here - http://pagelines.com/launchpad/

If not, then contact our helpdesk and they will provide you with the themes .zip file. Install it like you would any other Wordpress theme and then activate it, then add the hook to that themes functions.php file.

bloggotech    0
bloggotech

I e-mailed them and they gave me the link to Pagepro which I've downloaded and installed onto Wordpress but they did not give me a link to Pagelines Base. Do you know where do find one?

bloggotech    0
bloggotech

Okay, I've installed Platform Base but it's now saying that I do not have Platformpro. I do have it though. I FTP into my ftp server and it actually says 'platformpro-master' but when I change that name to platformpro, it messes up Platform Pro. Any Ideas? Also, would it be easier if I switched to DMS?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Can you provide a screenshot of your Wordpress themes folder when viewing it in FTP. As I am not quite sure what it is you're referring to.

It should look like this:

http://d.pr/i/OcRC

if it doesn't change it so that it does, make sure that PlatformPro isn't the active theme prior to changing its folder name.

bloggotech    0
bloggotech

Okay, I've got it working. How do you space the advertisement out away from the logo vertical + horizontal etc? 

Thanks for all your help!

Danny    1,327
Danny

We do not provide support to user created code, which is what your hook is. However, you will most likely need to use custom CSS. 

• Similar Content

• lionel1
      By lionel1
      Hi,
      i try to put some images (Logos) in the Agency module / clients module section
      But i only can put 6 logos though the module propose to add more item
      Thanks for ur help
      Lionel 
      Capture d’écran 2017-06-27 à 20.55.27.png 
    • Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I just migrated from DMS to PageLines Platform 5 and noticed that after uploading my fav icon to Site Images, the default PageLines icon is still showing in my browser as well as in the HTML source code.
      The page in question is www.michaelkummer.com - is there anything else I need to do in order to update the favicon?
      Thanks
      Michael

• Lucas
      By Lucas+
      Hi there! i was trying to increase the logo size and the font size on the Navi Bar. I've already read some other topics about this question, and let me tell you that i'm a little bit unexperienced on this topic. I don't know where exactly i have to insert the CSS code to modify this aspect. Here there is an screenshot of where i'm triying to add the code. Sorry for probably a very obvious question and thank you.

greetings!

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Thanks to some great feedback from a forum member and reconfiguring page design, I've got a media box in upper left of a site, small nav area right of that, then a nav bar area below that. What's best section to use for a simple clickable logo graphic you want to take users to home page? Don't see a place to set destination URL in Media Box attributes?
      http://verdanthomeproducts.com/
      thanks
    • richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I saw this website build with PageLines DMS:
      http://lupusla.org/
      I want to have a header that's VERY similar. However, with the fixed area, I'm struggling with how to do that. 
      I want to have a "super menu" under one of the tabs, and drop downs for others, a larger logo to the left like this, a search all the way to the right, and a call-to-action at the top like we see with "Donate" (I want "Request a Quote").
      What area (fixed or header) is best to use for this, and, within that area, what are the best sections to place?
      Thanks.