This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8 posts in this topic

i created a site and host it local

but have been skipping all the settings for later. 

Now my site contains 40 pages all with permalink settings on standard.

now i try to change this to postname and all of the sudden my whole site structure is gone and everything is broke.

When i turn it back on standard its all fine but it seems i gotta edit all 40 pages and all internal links to get it working again but thats not even the real issue.

when i go to frontend with dms active it totaly turns into a mess. all css is gone and no link or page he is able to find.

any solution or am i bound on doing everything over from scratch?

[URL=]4eoa.png[/URL]Uploaded with [URL=][/URL]

It's very likely there's a plugin conflict.

So, let's do this:

1.  If you have a cache plugin, clear the cache first, then deactivate that plugin, followed by all other non-PageLines plugins.

2.  Go to Dashboard > Permalinks and without changing anything, save your settings.

3.  Log out, close the Chrome browser.  Wait a few moments (about 30 seconds) and open the browser, login to your site.  View the site in Chrome after logging in. See if it's the same condition.

4.  Take a cold drink of water and let us know how it went!

ok so the results aint positive at all

this is what i did:

i deactivated all my plugins including woocommerce.

I saved permalink settings without changing anything

i went out of my browser waited a while and opened it up. there i found out the home (non static page) opened up fine so i went to click on any of my other pages but than i got a broken link page (not found)

when i logged in on my site and checked frontend it was all the same, as the picture shows above this post. so it seems not to be a plugin error.

i realy need those permalinks fixed before monday.

btw nothing works i tryed all other permalink options too, if its not standard it gives the same results

Let's try a DMS reinstall.

Download the latest DMS from

Unzip the zip file to your desktop. You'll have a new folder there named dms.

FTP to the site and navigate to wp-content/themes and locate the current /dms folder, there.  Delete it, and wait for the entire deletion to complete.

Upload the dms folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes. 

Close Chrome.  Wait 30 seconds.

Open Chrome; login and see if the condition persists.

tnx for the fast responces, ive found out that it was a local issue. Tonight i uploaded the site to the host and permalinks work fine after changing it. 

I had more of those problems local for example the social plugin doesnt show facebook on local and facebook calls wont work. but on live it apears like it always was there.

Rob you doing good work here on the forums, al my questions getting answered very quickly < tnx alot

Thanks for informing us that the issue has been resolved.

@fullcontact  thanks for letting us know.

• Similar Content

• 'Pages' aren't being detected as 'page' with custom permalink structure
      By kri8it+
      I seem to be having a problem with my pages being detected as 'type' -> 'blog' when I use a custom permalink structure ( /%category%/%postname%/ ).
      However, when I switch to the default wordpress permalink structure, the pages work fine and show up as 'type' -> 'page'.
      I've used DMS on a lot of sites and this is the first time I've experienced this. I have deactivated all plugins, removed all custom code and the problem still persists. 
      Any help would be amazing...
    • DMS pro permalinks issue
      By superhumains
      I'm a dms pro user but i can't post in the appropriate forum !!
      Whatever the article on which you click, it takes on the same article.    The URL that appears correct but not Article! So we can not see the good post.    I checked the HTACCESS. I revalidate permalinks settings.    But I still have the same problem:
    • DMS Pulling wrong post into content loop when not an administrator
      By jakenielson
      I'm having an issue that may have to do with permalinks but I'm not certain. Ever since I upgraded to the new DMS version, whenever I access certain pages on my site when not logged into the site as an administrator, the correct URL shows in the address bar but the incorrect post content is shown on the page.
      However, when I'm logged in as an administrator and when the DMS pagelines editor is on, I always get the correct post with the correct URL.
      Below is my debug information:
      DMS Debug Info WordPress Version
      WordPress Debug
      Multisite Enabled
      Current Role
      Framework Path
      Framework URI
      Framework Version
      PHP Version
      PHP memory
      Mysql version
      PHP type
      PHP User
      Posix functions are disabled on this host!
      Licence OK
      Installed Plugins
    • How to have Blog and Locations in URL By Themselves
      By gogeiger
      I originally had problem
      My site not having a main blog page for blog ,
      I changed my permalink
      To custom /blog/%postname%/ and now I have a blog page
      New problem developed
      My location page went from
      To the following:
      I need help with the following:
      Keeping Blog main page for web site Change locations back to original and not have it follow blog file Goal:
      I use plug in Yoast WordPress SEO: Local SEO have contacted them and they say plug in is working and resulting because I put blog in custom permalink. They could not support any further advice.
      If I take blog out then my main blog page disappears.
      Thank you in advance for a solution,
      Tim Geiger
    • Custom Permalinks Break My Site
      By Oxide
      When I change the permalinks structure to a custom structure (pages) it breaks my site. I've read other posts about how the CSS doesn't work if the permissions aren't set correctly on the server, but I'm not sure which files need increased permissions. I would rather not use 777 if I don't have to. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like when it breaks. 
      Things I've tried:
      Updating permissions on .htaccess to 755
      Deleting .htaccess altogether
      Tried adding the following to wp-config: define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true ); as suggested by
      Live-chatted with my hosting service - they were no help.
      Tried this too:
      I'm new to web development, so forgive me if the answer is painfully obvious.