Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erin-wsk

WP Super Cache + Easy Recipe = Broken DMS

erin-wsk

I'm hoping this is a configuration issue within super cache. I've been running WP Super Cache and Easy Recipe for over a year now with no problems on the framework. I updated to DMS today and now any post that has a recipe within the post  breaks the DMS editor (I can't open it) and the images on the page won't load. For right now I have super cache turned off but both plug-ins are pretty integral to my site. My next resort is to try total cache (as changing the recipes over to a new plug-in is kind of a no-go as I have over 500) but I'm hoping for some insight on why this might be happening.

Thoughts?

Rob

Hi Erin,

I have DMS successfully working with Easy Recipe. I suspect the problem is Super Cache.  My recommendation is to access your Dashboard > Plugins and clear the plugin's cache.  Then, deactivate it.  This is an important pairing of steps in that order.   The cache plugin will create a snapshot and keep changes from being viewed.  So, clearing the cache before deactivating the cache plugin is very critical.

Very likely, Easy Recipe will work fine for you too, with the cache cleared and the cache plugin deactivated.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

erin-wsk

Hi Rob, 

I had already done that, I was just hoping to keep super cache. However, I ended up switching to Total Cache (which I should have done awhile ago). The syncing to S3 is much nicer than the set-up I had running with super cache. 

Jake

I've successfully paired DMS with Easy Recipe and Total Cache as well but have had wonky issues with others so I think that's probably the best combination!

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com