Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glennyboy

TextBox Full Width and with full Shortcode Support

glennyboy

Hi Guys

On Google search I know that a full width TextBox has been previously requested by a number of people, but just to see if there is an ETA on this? Also please note that if you want to add a shortcode to the Text Box (in my case an alternate Full Width Slider) the TextBox renders the shortcode, but still leaves the text prompt "Add Content" on the live site. The only way to get rid of this is to add a div or another element in the text box and then hide it with CSS - can we fix this please.

In case anyone is interested I have a current workaround to use jQuery to force the TextBox to be full width. Give the TextBox a class and then use the following code / css:-

/* Text Box Full Width */
.full-width-textbox {
width: 100%!important;
min-width: 100%!important;
max-width: 100%!important;
}
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready( function($) {
jQuery('.text-box-class').closest(".pl-content").addClass("full-width-textbox");
});
</script>  

Its not ideal, but it does work well.

Cheers

Glennyboy

glennyboy

That's interesting and I will certainly take a look at implimenting if the original plugin author doesn't updater the plugin (reading elsewhere he apparently aims to do so)

Do note the bug on the short code addition though.

Rob

My apologies.   Shortcodes should only display as shortcode if they're calling a plugin that's not activated.  If the plugin is activated, the shortcode should do its job.

Make sure the plugin is activated.  If it is, then obviously, there's a compatibility issue that may need some additional investigation.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

glennyboy

Just to confirm the plugin shortcode activates, but it seems that if there is no html / text output as well that the text prompt for no text shows.

Danny
Glennyboy! One of our store devs have refactored the TextBox and created a new section called FullBox, you can download it here - http://ge.tt/2dzwDms/v/0?c

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny
No problem!

glennyboy

Ninja - not sure that section works (or has the right section structure). Can you check / advise how to install it. Thanks

glennyboy

Apologies it worked as an addition to my base theme. Shortcode issue still persists on this one also though.

Danny

Add your shortcode to the title field. If the shortcode isn't working in text field, then its an issue with the shortcode you're using.

You can see this here - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/329

glennyboy

Not sure I agree there. It worked fine in the equivalent 'Content Box' on Pagelines Framework and is one of the leading Sliders out there. As other users are reporting the same perhaps the section does indeed need a bit of tweaking.

Danny

All I can tell you is that the TextBox does work with shortcodes, I have tried all PageLines shortcodes and all of them work. You can read our developers reply on the issue I linked above.

What slider is it, maybe ask the developer to have a look, as it could be related to his shortcode code.

glennyboy

Yes I can confirm  it does indeed render shortcodes in my experience also. What it does not do is view shortcodes as text and sop on the live site  it leaves the default prompt to add text.

If you try it with just a single shortcode then you may be able to replicate - as per my screen grab.

Danny

What do you mean by:

"it does not do is view shortcodes as text and sop on the live site  it leaves the default prompt to add text."

I have already mentioned above, if the shortcode isn't working then its likely an issue with the shortcode itself and not the textbox, as the textbox allows shortcodes. Even our developer on the issue I reported said this.

glennyboy

Fair enough - I'll try some other shortcodes to see

Danny

If you encounter any other issues with third party shortcodes, reply here and let me know which plugins are having issues, so I can test them myself.