Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erin-wsk

Page Load Time with Filtering Section

erin-wsk    10
erin-wsk

This is one of those questions I probably already know the answer to but never hurts to ask. I'm using the filtering section for my recipe page and ideally, I'd like all the recipes to show upon arrival. However, the page load time is so slow that I just don't think it's feasible (I have 500+ live recipes right now). I've started limiting the number that show, but I feel that from a user experience, it's not the best way to do this.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can see the live site: http://naturallyella.com/recipes/

(I did have caching turned on, usuing super cache, but promptly disabled it when it wrecked a good majority of the site once I enabled it after the build). I also currently use an S3 plug-in as all my images are storage in S3.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts! 

etcio+    10
etcio

You need to use lazy loading so they will load as you scroll.

erin-wsk    10
erin-wsk

I tried installing BJ Lazy Load but it seem to really help on the pages using the filtering plug-in- still takes a good chunk of time for the page to load.

etcio+    10
etcio

Have you tried loading smaller images into it? Looks like you might be using the original image instead of one of the smaller sizes (like medium)

Jenny    33
Jenny

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

• Similar Content

• Josiah Jones
      By Josiah Jones
      Hi,
      I'm currently using the Filtering plugin on a website that is not yet live (http://www.RetroLeaders.com/ - currently hidden by a "Coming Soon" plugin) however after updating to the most recent version of Wordpress and DMS the Filtering plugin has stopped working and is causing DMS to display the never ending load icon.
      Inspecting the code for errors I see the following problems:
      . jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'opera' of undefined (anonymous function) @ jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11 (anonymous function) @ jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11 (index):66 Uncaught TypeError: mycontainer.isotope is not a function (anonymous function) @ (index):66 jQuery.Callbacks.fire @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:3143 jQuery.Callbacks.self.fireWith @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:3255 jQuery.extend.ready @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:3467 completed @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:3498
        Can you please check if everything is working properly and provide an update if necessary? The filtering function is a crucial part of my web design and we cannot go live without it!
      Please let me know what you find.
      Best,
      - Josiah 
    • evscicats
      By evscicats
      Ellen,

What version number is the latest for the Filtering section?  I have version 1.6 and hope that I'm up-to-date.  If there's a new version, how do I get the latest update and do I have to pay again?

Thanks,

Jerrad
    • jujutanada@gmail.com
      By jujutanada@gmail.com
      Hi, I found out that if I go to the archive of a tag e.g. http://mysite/?tag=lotd , it doesn't work. It doesn't show the correct posts tagged with lotd, --but it works for categories. It only works when I use WP Content. How do I display this using Postpins?
      And is it possible to create a different archive page for only a particular category?

• jujutanada@gmail.com
      By jujutanada@gmail.com
      Hi, I found out that if I go to the archive of a tag e.g. http://mysite/?tag=lotd , it doesn't work. It doesn't show the correct posts tagged with lotd, --but it works for categories. It only works when I use WP Content. How do I display this using Postpins?
      And is it possible to create a different archive page for only a particular category?

• aldisney
      By aldisney+
      Hello, PageLines!
      I have a problem I'm running into with trying to get a featured image (in a WP loop) to display as a circle. I'm using the filtering plugin, too. Here's the image I'm trying to show displayed as a circle:
      [sharedmedia=core:attachments:2460]   I've tried adding:   .filtering-image center {   border-radius: 50%;  }  
      I think I just have the wrong tag, but I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?