Widgetizer / Widgets AND Widget Titles/Name Styling - I Need Your Help

5 posts in this topic

Hi PageLines Folks, 

I'm need your help. 

I've created a site using PageLines DMS which is in development here:

I've placed two widgets into this design using the widgetizer sections, inside some columns.

I want to make the 'blue highlighted sections' bold/larger: http://screencast.com/t/xHnwPzT6bzBv

But when I use Firebug to get the class/id reference for this title/row, I can only get: http://screencast.com/t/xHnwPzT6bzBv for the whole widget content, but I cannot see a tag around 'just' the title. 

I can edit the CSS to make the whole section bold: http://screencast.com/t/hM0a26eHR, but again I'd love it to only affect the 'title'.

(I've set these title names in Wordpress > Appearance > Widgets.)

Any help would be immensely awesome. 

Thank you all in advance for your help, tips, hints and fixes. 

- Fiona

Found a bit of a fix. 

.sidebar_widgets{font-size: 100%; font-family: Verdana; line-height: 1.55em; font-weight: bold;} <------ making it bigger
.sidebar_widgets .textwidget, .sidebar_widgets ul li {font-size: 100%; font-family: Verdana; line-height: 1.55em; font-weight: normal;}  <------ making the content back to its original size
It would be super helpful if there was a tag around the title. 
Any other ideas....?

Hi FionaFell - Are you using the Custom Sidebars plugin? If so, I'm sorry to say this is unfortunately a known issue with that plugin that we've been trying to find a workaround for. I have a couple of options to pass along in the meantime:

1. The developer suggested the following:

You can edit the widget pre headers to add the widget class to all the widgets of a sidebar. Try to edit a sidebar Appearance >> Custom Sidebars and you will be able to change the widget wrappers.
See here to add dynamic class for each widget http://digwp.com/2010/02/how-to-widgetize-wordpress-theme/
2. Other option is to utilize a different plugin. Give http://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/ or http://wordpress.org/plugins/sidebar-manager-light/ a try and see if one of those does the trick for you.

Hi guys! I was able to get around this by using the "title" section in the DMS store. You can see it in the footer here: http://jennajonespreview1.info/

The issue is actually related to the Custom Sidebar plugin which we recommended. We have since (about 6 months ago) updated our creating a custom sidebar docs page with an alternative plugin which wraps your widget titles with the correct tags, so you can add styling.

You can see our documentation here - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/custom-sidebars

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Stange footer issue
      By abuzzelli+
      I'm having an issue with a site I'm working on. The widgets in the footer area are showing up wrong on the home page, but look right on the rest of the pages. I tried deactivating plugins that might be causing the issue, but can't figure it out. Any ideas?

• Styling secondary sidebar in Widgetizer area
      By emilyf+
      Hi there!
      I have a "catalog" section on my site and I need to override the default text in the sidebar, which is hard to read. The sidebar was created with the Sidebar & Widget Manager for Wordpress. It's in a Widgetizer section. So far, I've done the following, to no avail:
      Added a custom styling class = .shopsidebar Added the following to Custom CSS: #site.shopsidebar a {
          color: #000;
          font-family: 'Franklin Gothic Medium', Arial, sans-serif;
          font-size: 18px;
      Sorry if this is way basic - but, what am I doing wrong? This does not show any changes on the front end of my site.
    • Sidebar Column Randomly Disappear from Templates
      By canadvo
      Hi there,
      This is a "phantom" problem we've had on our site since we upgraded to DMS2 eight or nine months ago.
      We have a large site and depend on the template system for almost all of our pages/posts. Typically it is a two column setup, with one containing the post loop/breadcrumbs, and the other column containing a widgetizer that displays the appropriate sidebar. Seemingly at random, the entire sidebar column will disappear from a template, leaving only the main column with post loop. We've never been able to isolate the problem or duplicate it. Sometimes, it happens to templates applied to pages that we haven't edited or even visited in quite some time. Sometimes, it will happen to templates we edited/published in the previous few days.
      I've never felt moved to post about this because the issue is impossible to predict, but it just now happened before my very eyes.
      I had just published a page that did not have a template applied. I wanted to apply the template we use on our "about us" pages, but I wasn't sure what it was called. I clicked on a page that had the template in question applied. All elements were present, the template was fine. Once I had the template name, I navigated back and loaded the correct template on the newly-edited page. When the page refreshed, the template had loaded without the sidebar column. I stopped and switched to Firefox (where I was logged out) and found that all pages within that template suddenly had no sidebar.
      I understand that this is an issue that is hard to provide support for, given that I've never been able to replicate it at will. Is this a problem others have had? Were there any plugins identified as a potential culprit? We have no cache plugins installed.
    • Widgetized Image blurry
      By thesongchanneler
      For some reason, when I widgetize an image by, uploading the media, linking it to a page, and dropping the html into a widget area in the "widget" tab, the thing works, but the image shows up SMALLER on the screen than when I just upload it as a pic in a "media box" component via pagelibnes. I can make the widget image bigger in the media file, but then it is blurry, whereas, automatically it is bigger and crystal clear when uploaded as just a media. My screenshot file was too big too attach, but please see webpage: devorakalma.com. The top pic (of the girls with the pink text) is just a media file; below it is the file in a widgetized area...   it is at 12/12 capacity and cannot be made bigger in editor. And as said, it just becomes blurry when made bigger in media. IS THERE A WAY TO DIRECTLY MAKE THE MEDIA BOX IMAGE CLICKABLE? Instead of going through dropping it in a widgetized area? I just want it to be large and clear, the way the top image looks. And to be able to click on it. Thank You!
    • I Little Widgetizer & Sidebar Help... Please!
      By interactivelimited+
      I am a bit confused by the following situation:
      I have WPMU DEV's Custom Sidebar Plugin installed, with a few sidebars created, "Sidebar 1", "Sidebar 2", "Sidebar 3", etc.
      I have a Page Template, let's call it "Page With Sidebar".
      Within the "Page With Sidebar" template, I have a Widgetizer box, with a Default Sidebar as "Sidebar 1".
      Everything works up until this point.
      Now, I create a new Page.
      From the Edit Page screen, I select DMS Page Setup ->  Load PageLines Template -> "Page With Sidebar".
      I scroll a little further down the screen to the Sidebar Menu, that states:
      "Here you can replace the default sidebars. Simply select what sidebar you want to show for this post!"
      And, I select "Sidebar 2", publish the page, and go to view it to see - "Sidebar 1" on the page.
      What am I missing?