Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thomstark

HELP! Setting Header Text Color with Pagelines UI Broke My Site

thomstark

This has happened to me before with Pagelines but never this drastically. (Working in last version of Pagelines before DMS.)

All I did was set the Header Text Color under Color Control and now I have no fonts and all of my DIVs and formatting is all screwed up, sitewide. Major problem as this site is live.

There's no way to undo the damage that I can find.

www.goldenheartaz.com

thomstark

I see what the problem is now (still can't understand how changing the text color caused this), but don't know where to go to fix this:

error in core less code: parse error: failed at 'background-color: #5B7D9A); } ` line 2580

thomstark

It's not in pl-core.less as that doesn't have near 2580 lines and has no instance of #5B7D9A.

thomstark

I'm not finding it in any of the compiled files.

thomstark

OK. I found it and fixed it. That was weird. There was a stray ")" parenthesis in a random less file. I haven't been editing less files, which makes this strange. I guess it's been there for a while and somehow changing the Header Text Color triggered the error or something?

Anyway, I worked it out.

Rob

I'm happy you were able to diagnose and fix the issue!  Well done.  It's possible the error is in your custom code, and that it's being interpreted as LESS when it really isn't, because of the errant parenthesis.  You may want to validate your custom CSS code by copying and pasting it here: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_input

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur