Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jacobtippett

Footer Problems

jacobtippett

I am having issues with the footer in DMS. When I load one of my pages, the footer begins to malfunction. It won't stick to the bottom and has this white space below the footer: [attachment=1556:Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 10.18.05 PM.png]

it is supposed to stick to the bottom of the page like this: [attachment=1557:Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 10.18.41 PM.png]

Does anyone know how to fix this issue so the footer defaults to the bottom of the page without having that extra white space?

Thanks,

Jacob

Rob

Jacob, can you send us a link to your site? Thanks!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jacobtippett

The site is therefinerychurch.org

The page that is malfunctioning is therefinerychurch.org/feastoftabernacles

Sometimes it works and the footer defaults to the bottom, but other times when you load the page there is white space underneath.

Also, on the home landing page, I would like the footer to default to the bottom of the browser as well so that it fills the browser no matter what size.

Rob

Hi,

It seems there's some plugin conflict on your site causing the whitespace on the bottom of the homepage and the page you linked.  Oddly, the moment I try to view either in Firebug for Firefox, to see the code, the condition disappears.  That screams to me that the problem is caused by a plugin.

Theoretically, it also could be caused by invalid custom CSS code, but I can't see any evidence of that.

jacobtippett

Should I delete all of my plugins and see if that resolves the issue?

Rob

Don't delete them.

Deactivate them instead. Deactivation lets you reactivate them, and continue testing.

Rob

Jacob,

It seems you have a cache plugin activated or present.  Make sure it is activated, and that you clear the cache first. Once the cache is cleared via the plugin, you can deactivate the plugin immediately.   After that, close the browsers, wait 30 seconds and reopen.

Then, make sure your other plugins are deactivated and see if the problem continues.

jacobtippett

I tried the above solution and the Feast of Tabernacles page is still malfunctioning, but not the home page. Should I try and delete the footer from that one page and then recreate what I originally had? Thank you for all of your help!

Danny

Hi,

From what I can tell your issue is related to the Second Textbox you have that contains some copyright information, if you remove this, the white area below your footer is removed.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jacobtippett

Danny, that fixed it! Thank you so much!

Rob

Thanks for letting us know :)

• Similar Content

• yasinyaqoobi
      By yasinyaqoobi
      In the footer of my website, I can't find where Leasing is located. I have to remove it.

http://grandavenueshops.com/

• kyledominick
      By kyledominick+
      Hello All! 
      So I am using PL5 - I am using a child theme with custom fonts loaded in the child's style.css file. My issue arises on mobile devices. If you are to access the site via the home page on a mobile device the custom fonts load no problem. But - if you are to type in any internal pages direct link the fonts do not load. I have a launch for the website in question on Friday this week, the 31st at 7pm CST - I need help!!!! The site address is https://aonsl.com - the site has password protect on it until Friday - you can access the site with pass code kyledominick - all one word.
      Here is the css for the fonts:
      @font-face {
        font-family: 'Another America';
        src: url('webfont.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
        src: url('webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
             url('https://aonsl.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pagelines-bootstrap/fonts/another_america-webfont.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */
             url('https://aonsl.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pagelines-bootstrap/fonts/another_america-webfont.woff') format('woff'), /* Pretty Modern Browsers */
             url('https://aonsl.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pagelines-bootstrap/fonts/Another_America.ttf')  format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
             url('https://aonsl.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pagelines-bootstrap/fonts/Another_America.svg#svgFontName') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
      }
      And as I mentioned - the fonts load properly on mobile if I begin viewing the site from the homepage - and works on desktop across the board both from the home page or starting on an internal page. 
      ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
      Kyle
    • Paul
      By Paul+
      I was surprised to see I had no menu today - out of the blue - its actually moved to the bottom of the page!  After hours of fiddling and disabling every single plugin, leaving just plagelines the issue is still present.  See video for a basic text box - I moved it into the head and it jumps to the bottom and shows just above the footer but below the main content.  I have a temp fix by placing the menu into the first row on the main content but it does mean other than my home page, all other pages have no menu.  A quick fix is very urgent for this bug.
      https://thelaptopfixers.com

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.