Sign in to follow this  
dangelow

Warning Message - Theme Install Problem

dangelow

I installed the Platform Pro (1001 kb zipped) and then Platform Base (61KB zipped). After installing the platformbase the following shows with no way to work around - this is the entire screen there's no WP outline showing Warning: require_once(/home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/PlatformPro/core/core.init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 4 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/PlatformPro/core/core.init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 4

Andrew

PlatformPro needs to be named "platformpro" for the child theme to pull in the files correctly. I *think* this is your issue.

dangelow

I didnt rename anything, just uploaded the zip files as sent from you. Should both zip files be installed, is there an order to upload the files to WP?

dangelow

ok, since I'm just starting I went in and deleted the install and re initiated. The problem remains with platformbase - the result is the same initial error. This time I installed only plaformbase and that is when the problem occured

Andrew

is the folder PlatformPro is installed in on your server called "platformpro" (lowercase) Are you getting this issue when using just PlatformPro?

dangelow

Nope, platformpro works fine - you can see here - acpmi.com If I install platformbase the entire site is corrupt and the error in the initial message I sent is displayed. I am using HostGator and uploading the zip themes exactly as they are sent - I dont unpack this all happens in HGator

Andrew

ok, so if you want to use Base, you need to be ready to edit the files with a text editor. The child theme for some reason isn't finding the parent. Earlier you had the parent installed as `PlatformPro` (folder) it needs to match the calls that are being made in Base... We updated earlier this week to make it all lowercase... so are you on the latest version?

dangelow

I think the versions are the latest, I'll double check. Is there an order to install, does the sequence matter? I assume so, yet dont recall seeing install notes describing the process. what I've done is download the zip files, then in WP Theme's upload the Zip files and they unpack

Andrew

no order doesn't matter, just naming :)

dangelow

Installing 1.1 results in new problems Unpacking the package??¦ Installing the theme??¦ Destination folder already exists. /home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/ Theme install failed.

dangelow

BTW - the only display when viewing is Warning: require_once(/home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/core.init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 8 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/core.init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dangelow/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 8 and am unable to delete the theme and reinstall Major pain to install, this is clean - never installed other than the zip files as sent Please help fix this

Andrew

Hey David, Let's take it to the next level and get you set up using FTP... Its not that hard to use... it will help you visualize the files on your server. Could you install the FireFTP plugin for Firefox?

dangelow

I use Chrome - is FileZilla an option Also, use HostGator - have been using their install tools thus far and worked OK

cmunns

There are many. I believe HostGator has preconfigured settings for cyberduck for mac and other ftp client as well, but yes filezilla should work fine. Host gator should provide you with the necessary configuration to connect to the server.

dangelow

ok, R1.1 worked - I went into HG and deleted the existing, reinstalled and new package and it unzipped like a champ

esoares

I just had the same problem -- incredibly frustrating. What's R1.1? How do I fix this?