Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barkingsheltie

Test site - DMS license

barkingsheltie

I have Business license - at some point might upgrade to Developer. 

If I want to test a site first on MAMP - feel free to recommend other testbeds - when you authorize, or use one of your DMS licenses, is that considered permanent, or can you withdraw license, move site to host, and re-authorize?

If we have to be careful here regarding limited number of licenses, go to know ahead of time. 

Also, has anyone successfully moved a test DMS site to a host? And if so, is there any advice, procedures we need to be aware of?

Thanks, 

Shelley

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

Jake

Hi barkingsheltie - What you are outlining is perhaps the most common, and easiest way to build a site. If you do it offline (and I'm a fan of xampp http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html) with an activation code, you can then deactivate it on the local site and activate it up on the domain host once you're ready to go-live.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

barkingsheltie

Thanks Jake,

Great news! I am drinking the mac coolaid, and I have MAMP Pro, but recently started playing with Server press too. 

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

Jake

Ha! I'll forgive you barkingsheltie but only because you're clearly a dog lover! ;)

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

barkingsheltie

Ha! I'll forgive you barkingsheltie but only because you're clearly a dog lover!  ;)

Jake, 

I swear, thats a pict of me! My mom was a sheltie, dad a border collie, and as you know, both very smart breeds. Turns out the combo produced the genes for web site building   ;)

Richard P. Feynman

Rob

Now that's breeding! :D

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur