Sign in to follow this  
pgillardtransassoccom

Whitehouse Pro Feature Thumbs Width

pgillardtransassoccom

Hi - I would like to populate the thumbnails in Whitehouse Pro featurenav with 125px wide images. Is this possible?

Andrew

Anything is possible!~ This one might take some extra work though... Can you post a live link to the page you'd like to do this; and maybe give us a mockup?

pgillardtransassoccom

Thank you! Do you mind if I email you the web address?

Andrew

If you need to, it gets harder managing multiple threads though

pgillardtransassoccom

Understood. This is still a work in progress: http://www.transassoc.com/. I would like to replace the feature names (e.g., "preciseSUITE" with 125px thumbs.

cmunns

In _posts.php change this line `<?php the_post_thumbnail('thumbnail');?>` to `<?php the_post_thumbnail(array(125,125));?>`

pgillardtransassoccom

Thanks Adam. However, that didn't work. Please take a look. p.s. the thumbs are 125px wide only because I added a line to the custom CSS: "#featurenav a{width:125px !important}.

cmunns

It appears the appropriate class has been added `attachment-125x125 wp-post-image` ?

pgillardtransassoccom

I'm afraid you'll have to spell out what I should do - alas, all the developers are gone for the day, but this must be done. Thanks so much.

cmunns

I'm saying I don't think you need to anything because based on the HTML markup the code did in fact work.

pgillardtransassoccom

Yet the images are still being constrained by the original thumbnail size, as you can see on the site. Thanks for any additional advice.

cmunns

This is completely my fault, I missed the bit in the thread about these being the feature thumb navigation. You can erase/undo what I told you to do before. The correct selector and CSS you need is this ` #feature-footer.thumb_nav a span.nav_thumb width: 125px; height: 125px; } #feature-footer {height:126px;} `

pgillardtransassoccom

Thanks Adam. I added that code to the custom CSS and returned _posts.php to its original state, but unfortunately that has not done the trick.

cmunns

Man it must be one of those days for me. You don't want to extend the height anyway, which I just realized. So instead use ` body#feature-footer.thumb_nav a span.nav_thumb, #feature-footer a span.nav_thumb span.nav_overlay { width: 125px; } ` And make sure that it get loaded AFTER pro.css, if you place it in the CUSTOM CSS portion of your theme options it should do the trick. The overlay for the active button is an image though so you will have to edit that or delete it so it doesn't look funny

pgillardtransassoccom

Hi Adam - I added: body#feature-footer.thumb_nav a span.nav_thumb, #feature-footer a span.nav_thumb span.nav_overlay { width: 125px; } to the CUSTOM CSS of my theme options, but I am sorry to say it had no effect.

cmunns

With a space between the `body` and `#feature....`?

pgillardtransassoccom

Yes - no joy, even with the space.

cmunns

You could stick with the custom rule you had used before with !important. There isn't really a downfall in THIS case of using the !important declaration. Was it not doing what you wanted? I see you've switched to feature names for now

pgillardtransassoccom

Adam - thank you very much - that worked perfectly. Can you please tell me the names of the overlay and highlight graphics so that I can resize those?

bryan-hadaway

/whitehousepro/wp-content/themes/whitehousepro3/images/highlighttext2.png I think that's what you're looking for. Thanks, Bryan

pgillardtransassoccom

Thanks! Almost there... Just to be clear - this image should be saved as 125px wide in Photoshop and that should do the trick? Is this the overlay image or the color gradient? Can I remove these images completely, and if so, what changes would need to be made to the CSS?

pgillardtransassoccom

FYI - removing wp-content/themes/whitehousepro3/images/highlighttext2.png from the directory made no difference at all. Could this image be stored elsewhere?

cmunns

I think you're looking for this /images/feature-thumb-overlay.png

pgillardtransassoccom

Perfect - thank you so much!