Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MindMeldCreative

Can I ceate a template without global options?

MindMeldCreative    2
MindMeldCreative

I'd like to create a landing page template that doesn't have the header & footer. I know I can use css on the page-id to display:none, but it would be exceedingly awesome to be able to do this with a template.  Is it possible? If so, what's the process?

Thanks so much!

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

I must first apologize for the delay in replying.   Next, I have to admit that I haven't used the free version, however, that too, should have the ability to use both global and local templates.

See http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/using-templates.

You can create as many templates as you desire.  If each is local, don't set it globally, but if you want one to be global, you can make a new template on a page and as you save the template and it's applied there, locally.  It should not become global unless you set it to be so.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey all, hope I worded the topic correctly!
      I just need to know if either 1) I'm making a mistake or 2) this could be set as a new feature?
      Using the global settings typography parameters, I have a global paragraph font type (set using googlefonts) and have set the style to align:justify. When laying out <p> text inside a simple TEXT module, the <p> text adheres to both the font type and justification. Perfect.
      Now, when I set <p> text inside the PARAGRAPH TEXT field within an ELEMENT module, the <p> text adheres to the font type, but not the justification. It's rather annoying as I like to fully justify para text across the board and tend to use Element modules instead of text boxes for various reasons. It also seems silly that some PARAGRAPH TEXT fields adopt global settings, whilst other don't.
      Or I'm doing it wrong :S
      Any help or advice is much appreciated!
      Cheers
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Hello,
      I have an older site that was built using PageLines several years ago (prior to the release of DMS). I wanted to leverage some of the power of your new PL5 plugin but the theme prevents be from adding any generated custom sidebars to the theme (through the drag and drop interface) and does not allow me to add any PL5 sections/containers/etc to the header or footer. Is there any way to easily override that or am I stuck only using PL5 in the content areas of the site?
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      How can you set the translations with platform5, the parts that are not in pages or posts? Texts and images…
    • globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there! 
      I'm wondering if I can and how I can easily make a one page scrolling parallax site with menus which scroll rather than take me to a new page?
      Something like this: http://demo.vellumwp.com/home-pages/one-page-resort/.
      Thank you kindly
      Nate
      PS: my site: http://natemaingard.com
    • Houston Haynes
      By Houston Haynes+
      OK - folks - back with another nit... The "back to top" link works - BUT - it's only active (i.e. clickable with the associated action following) when the mouse-over hovers over the footer area of the page. I did a quick change of the z-depth (to -1) and nothing made a difference. Any thoughts on how to make the *entire* back-to-top icon hover-able/actionable? Thanks!