Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acutservizi

iboxes images media type

acutservizi    1
acutservizi

Hi, i'm sure this is a lower-than-average question.

I've tried to understand how iboxes work but i can't get out of it. I don't know where and how to add the image to "images" media type iboxes.

Can you also tell me what attribute should i change to modify mouseover backcolor for "icon font" media type

Thank you

Jake    74
Jake

Hi acutservizi - I'm sorry you're having problems getting started with iBoxes. It's sort of a two step process - first you want to select Images from the drop down menu under Select Media Type, and then for each box you'll have the ability to upload an image under iBox image (see both settings in this screenshot http://d.pr/i/6wA4).

The code you'll want to modify to change the mouseover color is .ibox .ibox-media .ibox-icon-border.media-type-icon:hover

• Like 1

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

acutservizi    1
acutservizi

Hi Jake,

I must be blind (or tired). I didn't realized there was an upload button.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Cheers

• Like 1

Rob    547
Rob

Buona fortuna!

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

borzd    1
borzd

Guys, can't figure out what actual code i need to use in less to get rid of hover effect/edit it.

Even can't find rules in Firefox/Mozilla inspectors. 

"The code you'll want to modify to change the mouseover color is .ibox .ibox-media .ibox-icon-border.media-type-icon:hover"

I got this - but I don't want to change it in child theme. And can't figure out how to use it in less.

:wacko:

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Borzd 

Please can you start your own topic with a link to your site etc.. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

2Sekunder    0
2Sekunder

"The code you'll want to modify to change the mouseover color is .ibox .ibox-media .ibox-icon-border.media-type-icon:hover"

Where do you find that code and edit it? Please help :)

Regards, Michael

Danny    1,327
Danny

:hover is pseudo CSS class, therefore it wont display in any Browsers web dev tools unless you activate the state option.

borzd - Not entirely sure what you're trying to do. However, you can easily use the class you have provided to override the default CSS. I also linked you to a post where I provided code to edit the iBox section this included the hover state in a previous post of yours.

2Sekunder - You do not want to edit any CSS/LESS in DMS unless you know what you're doing, so instead see our how to customize documentation for assistance in overriding default CSS.

http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

Please search our forums, before posting!

borzd    1
borzd

Danny - bank is reissueing card. Will get to paid forum asa that is done.

2Sekunder - #page .yourclass .ibox .ibox-media .ibox-icon-border.media-type-icon:hover { not sure of the arguments needed for me, hope Dannys post will help more. But basics are obvious }

Then just insert yourclass in CSS/LESS input field of the section. Profit.

#page .iboxes_media .ibox .ibox-media .ibox-icon-border.media-type-icon:hover {

background: none;
  color: green;
}

This one I used... Didn't work as I wanted. I'm noob in any coding thought.

borzd    1
borzd

GUYS GET ME MY RUSSIAN FLAG PLS ;) Sry for flood.

I'm a patriot so would like to have my flag!

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I am using pl-section-journey and hiding most of the images. When running the page via google speed insights, it tells to optimize all the images that are in this plugins default. (e.g. https://queue-it.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-journey/images/drawer-5.jpg ) Like this one that is not visible on the website, but is a part of the plugin and comes up in google insights.
      I've deleted all the images in the plugin, but they still seem to come up. Ref. this page: queue-it.com/features
    • globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to create a featured image for my new blog post. It has text in it, and when I add it as a featured image some of the text is cut off on the right.
      Could I get the ideal dimensions for featured images? Or, a way to customise the dimensions so that they are easier to fit in the way I need?
      Thank you kindly
      Nate

• Claude203
      By Claude203
      Hi,
      Is there a way to target all images in a WordPress DMS site at once, in order to make them width=100% on mobile portrait mode? In other words, I am having trouble identifying the element for all image classes.
      http://www.blackfives.org
      Thanks,
      Claude