Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danieldynasty

WPML and Pagelines DMS Compatibility

danieldynasty

Dear DMS team,

Are there any plans to work with WPML to have their plugin DMS compatible? I emailed WPML asking if it is possible to have multi-lingual multi-sites while using the DMS platform but they replied, "Pagelines has been busy with the DMS project, compatibility with Pagelines DMS may take time."

I feel there is definitely a demand for WPML compatibility with DMS. Perhaps Pagelines can spend some time on this and work out an agreement with WPML to sell their plugin in the DMS Store and Pagelines can tag on some extra cost or take a cut from WPML?

I would like to be able to create and maintain one DMS site in English and use the WPML CMS edition to "translate texts in theme (string translation). I would then populate new languages through WPML's translation services or manually enter in String Transations for many languages. For example, all instances of the string "Hello" would be replaced with "Hola" for the Spanish language and "Ni Hao" for the Chinese language.

Or is there a plugin/soluton already out there for this function? I am tired of making changes to my English multi-site in DMS and then having to manually goto the multi-sites to replace sentences and apply my newly changed design format to match the original English site.. it's fine if I had one language site to manage but I have 4+! Propagating the design changes to all the other multi-sites takes forever!!

I would appreciate all your advice and suggestions. Thank you all in advance!

Jake

Hi danieldynasty - I'm not aware of the status of compatibility with WPML at this time, but you may want to inquire about options with the group of DMS developers that are working on translations with Transifex at https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/pagelines-dms/.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

danieldynasty

Hello Jake,

Thank you for your kind reply. I'm not sure if I explained myself correctly or if I am not understanding what you linked me to exactly. It seems Transifex and the DMS page on their site you linked me to offers translated versions of the Pagelines DMS platform.

I am looking for solutions to have multiple languages using ONE DMS install and then using the ONE install to translate to multi-sites using strings for region-based domains such as .es .fr .cn etc.

Does Transifex accomplish my feature request? Or is there another solution I can explore? Thank you all!

Hi danieldynasty - I'm not aware of the status of compatibility with WPML at this time, but you may want to inquire about options with the group of DMS developers that are working on translations with Transifex at https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/pagelines-dms/.

julius

My vote for full compatibility with WPML ... 

Rob

Julius, I assure you everyone here wants ever part of DMS to be fully translatable and compatible with WPML.  We're working on it!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pehja

Any progress?

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

Olly

Another vote for this! Any updates?

Danny

What is the exact issue, I have never used nor have access to WPML, can you explain what the issues are. As I am sure we have other users who have no problems with WPML.

FYI, DMS 2.0 has been tested with the PolyLang plugin and everything appears to be OK.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pehja

It´s fine that PolyLang works. I will ask WPML if I can have a refund. 

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png