Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhowton

Visual Editor At Top of Screen … Broken

bhowton

This is odd. I moved a textbox on my page, opened up the editor to change what was inside, and because the editor did not fully rise to expose the settings at the bottom of the editing section I clicked and pulled it higher. But the screen didn't respond. It just sat where it was, despite my pulling and scrolling. Then suddenly it jumped to the top, where it remains, and I am unable to pull it down. See the screenshot. Now I can scroll but I can't pull the editor down. And there are no buttons to tell it to minimize.

bhowton

Hmmm … issued resolved. It seems to have been a conflict with a plugin. Funny thing is that I hadn't installed anything since yesterday and had been making changes to the site since. Odd how these problems can just jump up out of the blue.

greenfly

Hello bhowton 

do you know which plugin caused this? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bhowton

I believe it was the Revision Control plugin. At least this is the one I removed and everything started to work again. But I had installed this days ago, which makes me doubt it was the cause. But, I can't argue with results.

greenfly

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Rob

Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur