Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

Multisite 500 Error

outtareach    3
outtareach

Loaded DMS on a multisite and when I switched to the pagelines theme it broke the site.  Not I just have aa 500 error saying the following

"The website encountered an error while retrievinghttp://site3.wpmu.innovationnationpro.com/wp-admin/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

I cannot go to admin or to the url of the site.  Has anyone else had this issue or know what may be causing it? 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I have never encountered this. However, can you go to your Wordpress directory and see if there is a .maintenance file in either the root WP directory or your sites directory. If so, please delete it and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

outtareach    3
outtareach

I have instagrid plugin installed which was causing it but he doesnt think so.  I just want things to work and when developers say "its not my stuff" it kinda hinders the progress of the platform.  Here is the video that I shows to the dev. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLg3NDiOQNI

Simon    247
Simon

First of all, why are you network activating it? It isnt a network plugin.

A network plugin is something used by ALL sites on your network with shared settings, like a cache plugin for example.

Install the plugin then activate on the site you want to use it.

Secondly if your getting a 500 error, enable WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php so PHP displays the error. 500 is meaningless otherwise.

outtareach    3
outtareach

Thanks for the help,alright I didnt know things were not network capable.  I just thought you activate plugins that way to use them on all sites in network.  will try this method and see what happens.  I already see a difference with turning some plugins off that were not network plugins but how would I know which are and which are not?

Rob    547
Rob

Read the docs for all 3rd party plugins or contact their developers for answers.  Anything PageLines creates is multi-site capable, but not everything our 3rd party developers creates is guaranteed to be so.  You can, and should, always ask.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob    547
Rob

You're very welcome.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      I am working on a multisite installation and had some questions regarding the themeing options. All the sites will have the same structure but each individual site would need a different h1 font and link color. I had originally thought that I would program/edit the parent theme to have a certain set of templates, font sizes, etc. and then that would feed to all the individual sites where I could activate the child theme and use the child theme to define the individual sites' specific link color, heading fonts, etc. So, what I was shooting for was:
      Parent theme = shared by all sites
      Child theme = specific to the minor customizations on a per site basis.
      Is this possible? Am I misunderstanding how these would actually deploy to the different sites?
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      On my site www.modishmel.com I'm seeing the "blog post title" within the "pins" plugin section breaking words into multiple lines. See screenshot attached.
      Only seeing it in Firefox. Can you help?

• Jonathan Eugster
      By Jonathan Eugster+
      I have a grandfathered dev account and am unable to activate subsites on my multisite network.
      Tried disconnecting and reconnecting account. Only main site is shown as activated.
      Since pro activation has been off and on for subsites I added code to hide the pagelines watermark (bottom left image/link). Could that be flagging the account not to activate or something?
      Network is on AWS Elastic Beanstalk, is there a port that needs to be open for authentication?
      TY
    • claudedagenais
      By claudedagenais+
      Hi, I'm looking to make the move to multisite with MultilingualPress instead of using WPML.
      I was able to configure Wordpress to work in multisite mode, to get MultilingualPress to work and have pages in both language that I want. I can make changes to my primary language pages in Pagelines, but in the secondary pages (other language), any changes I make are not saved. When I click on save it looks as it is saving but as soon as I reload the page all changes are gone.
      So am I missing something that I should do to get Pagelines to work in multisite mode? I get that PageLines Platform 5 need to be activated in network mode, I've tried to activate the other plugins & themes in network and individually on the sites.
      Tx