Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vancityprettyadmin

Slider only on homepage?

vancityprettyadmin

Hi there,'

Could someone please tell me if it's possible to only have a slider on your homepage (and if so, how to do it)? I want to feature it under my website logo on my homepage, but don't want the slider at all on any of my individual posts pages. 

I tried adding it in my local settings while on my homepage, but it still shows up when I navigate to individual posts.

Thanks!

Danny

Hi,

What I would do is add the Slider underneath your Header area, maybe inside your Template Area or in a Full Width section area. Once added, create a new template based on your layout and call it homepage.

Then when you go to your posts pages, if the slider is present, remove it and then create a new template again and call it Posts.

Please search our forums, before posting!

vancityprettyadmin

Thanks for the guidance, Danny!

So I've completed the first step by creating the homepage as directed, but now I'm confused as to how I apply a separate template to my posts.  Are you able to give me a more detailed description of how I apply each template toe each page? 

Thanks!

Rob

Essentially, when you go to a post, you can make changes to the single, or local post by clicking the edit icon for the Content/PostLoop section (the little pencil icon). 

On the left, you'll see two options. One says "type" and the other "local".  Thus, if you wish to change the look of a single post, click the "local" option, which saves formatting for the one post.  Click on "type", to set the layout or styling for all posts.  Any post set locally, will override the type. 

See the image below:

[attachment=1562:9-21-2013 2-47-11 PM.jpg]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur