Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lroberts00

Hover over Boxes

Jake    74
Jake

Hi lroberts00 - I'm up for the challenge if you are and am still hopeful there's a solution somewhere. I'd like to see the site live but am having problems connecting, can you confirm the url for me?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

lroberts00    3
lroberts00

Jake, well, thank you so much! 

I missed a "y" in the url.  It is:   www.mandyfiock.com

Thanks a million for your help!

Jake    74
Jake

No worries lroberts00 - let me do some poking around and I'll report back with questions or (hopefully) answers. One thing I did find straight away, do you happen to be hosting on GoDaddy? - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11433628/svg-filter-not-working-on-ff-with-godaddy

Also - have you already tried dropping the code in the style.css itself as opposed to the custom code section in the visual editor?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

lroberts00    3
lroberts00

No, I have hosting with hosting24.com.

I have not tried the style.css but I will. I'll let you know.

• Like 1

Rob    547
Rob

Keep us posted about your progress.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

nicoleisthenewblack    0
nicoleisthenewblack

Hi all, Im having a similar problem but I actually want to change the image to a different image upon hover.

Can I do that to a box..with css? Perhaps I am trying to change the wrong thing.

For instance on my site

nicoleisthenewblack.com

I have three boxes in the header and upon hover i want each picture to change to an image with text and a colored background that is semi transparent.

i have the box ID

and i tried this and other things but nothing is working, any ideas

#fbox_4950:hover {
background-image: url('*url of replacement image*')
}

i've tried img src and content as well

any hints

HELP!! :)

Danny    1,327
Danny

nicoleisthenewblack - This topic is related to the iBoxes section in DMS. You're using PageLines Framework and a very old version at that. I recommend you first update to the latest version of PageLines Framework 2.4.4 (your version is 2.1.3) or upgrade to DMS, as iBoxes is a DMS only section.

Once you have updated your PageLines Framework, please create a new topic in the PageLines Framework forum, then we will be able to assist you. If you have upgraded to DMS, then reply here letting us and we can try and assist you with the changing of images upon hover. If you use the iBoxes section that is.

Please search our forums, before posting!

greenfly    230
greenfly

lroberts00 Please could you confirm for me, are you just trying to replicate the hover & fade to grey effect on your site in Firefox? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

lroberts00    3
lroberts00

Correct.  I'm just trying to make the picture gray scale when hoovering.  It works with Chrome.  Just now with firefox.

greenfly    230
greenfly

A little bit of googling turns out that the Grayscale filter property does not work with Firefox as it does with other browsers. Different browsers handle css differently and Firefox is no exception. The issue you are seeing is with the CSS and the browser and not a limitation of the Framework or Wordpress. 

There is an article here with alternative method detailed that it might be worth trying http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16925867/css-filter-grayscale-not-working-in-firefox

You will likely need to target the Firefox browser and apply alternative CSS that only has an effect on the site in Firefox. 

Information on doing this within the Framework can be found here http://support.pagelines.me/docs/plugins/browser-specific-css/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

No problem @lroberts00 

Please let us know how you get on - were a little limited what we can do to help with this but can probably take a look if you have issues implementing anything within the Framework 

nicoleisthenewblack    0
nicoleisthenewblack

i dont plan to update the DMS. i just dont have the time to learn something new AND i really can financially invest in an upgrade right now. so i'll update my pagelines framework and open up a post in the appropriate section.

thanks

greenfly    230
greenfly

@nicoleisthenewblack 

ok thanks

• Similar Content

• Audun MB
      By Audun MB+

Here:http://attac.no/global-ulikhet/
      The images are forced into a boxed frame so that you can't see the whole picture. Doesn't look so good. Is this a bug? A feature? How can I fix it?
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      The recent WP update seems to be quite cheeky...messing about with a number of things. 

Having trouble with boxes displaying differently in different browsers.  1st screen shot is Chrom...looks ok. 
      2nd screenshot is Firefox...colors are different. Icons are different. Have weird 1000's next to the icons. Any idea what's going on? 

Thanks!! 
      Judith

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      Someone reported this little bit of weirdness to me today. They were using Internet Exporer. I used an emulator, and I received the same result. Please see the attached.
      The website is richcruzchicago.com.
      Thanks,
      Rich

• Susan
      By Susan+
      Everything was fine with my site.
      Suddenly, strange characters are appearing in Boxes. See image. Site page is here. I even tried to add a new Boxes section but the same thing keeps happening, so I deleted the new section.
      How can I resolve this?
      Your help is greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.

• tkpagelines
      By tkpagelines+
      Hi there ,
      i would like to change the color of menu items on hover and the current menu item. Both should have the same color, but not the color given of the theme scheme.
      Any suggestions ? Maybe a css snippet ?

Thanks