Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

franckhelin

How to widget logic with DMS ?

franckhelin

Hi,

Can be used  Widget Logic with DMS ? Or equivalent?
I wonder how to modulate the section in the header and footer of a page to another because I want to show some style in the header and footer in some pages.
I still do not understand very well the operation of DMS. Who can help me? Thank you.

greenfly

Hello Franckhelin 

Widget logic can be used with DMS. 

Yes you can use custom CSS to style individual pages - please see here about using page id's to determine which styles appear on which pages. 

Ive borrowed the following text from another post made by @rob 

First, you should know that each page is assigned an ID by WordPress. You can prefix almost any CSS element with a per page instruction by adding

.page-id-XX, where XX is the unique page indentification number.

Next, if you are doing something like:

#header {background-image: url("THE FULL URL TO YOUR BACKGROUND IMAGE");
}

You can make it

.page-id-24 #header {background-image: url("THE FULL URL TO YOUR BACKGROUND IMAGE");
}

which would place an image on page ID 24.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Rob

Hi,

Widget Logic does work with DMS, but it really works with WordPress.

DMS does not change the file structure of WordPress and Widget Logic uses that file structure to enable 'Conditional Tags".  For example, if you want a widget to appear in any sidebar on a specific page, you use the conditional tag is_single( '17' ) to give permission for the widget to appear on the page WordPress has listed as 17.  If you want to use the page titles, you can do that too... using something like  is_single( 'Irish Stew' )

You can see such examples here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

When you activate Widget Logic, it places a new field at the bottom of each Widget at Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. Just add a widget (or edit one), and you'll see the Widget Logic field.  Add your conditional tag there, as listed in the link above, and set to the desired place on your site where the widget is to appear.

In addition to the info that Martin provided above, you'll be able to do amazing things with Widget Logic  I recommend reading all the information provided here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur