Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sierrapat

Jigoshop widgets breaking Pagelines theme

sierrapat

I am using Pagelines with Jigoshop; the PL plugin for Jigoshop is installed. Am having a number of issues with Jigoshop.

1. When a Jigoshop sidebar widget is activated (other than Cart), the theme breaks and components display to the full width of the browser.

2. The Products page, including the pictures, is not responsive except the rows will rearrange with the regular size product image and text.

3. Jigoshop does not follow Pagelines CSS (font & size), which I expected it would.

Any thoughts?

Rob

Hi,

Jigo is a very complex use of a Framework page.  It takes control of the sidebar, so that it's very difficult, if not impossible, to set up your own widgets.  The integration was intended to assist with CSS.

Are you using Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tools to find the right elements, test them on screen and then copy/paste the code into Custom Code?

My honest recommendation is convert from Framework to DMS and from Jigo to WooCommerce, or minimally, replace Jigo with WooCommerce.  I'm not casting any aspersions on Jigo, and certainly not on Framework, but the ability of DMS to work with WooCommerce is simply astounding!   I only want you to have the very best and safest ecommerce solution possible on your site.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sierrapat

Rob - I smell good advice on this, and in fact, I have WooCommerce plugin installed and "in the wings" in case Jigoshop didn't work out. Now I am thinking it isn't worth the trouble to try to work with it.

Rob

I think the big thing that will help most would be an upgrade to DMS! :)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur