Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robertph

DMS Front End Read Only?

robertph

We are experiencing a strange issue with our DMS site. It appears that the DMS frontend is almost in read only mode. When we try to upload an image in any of the components, it will tell us "Upload Failed". We are also unable to make ANY changes to any of the settings within the frontend. Changing an image URL, modifying anything in DMS frontend the changes do not apply. (For example, I can't even turn on Debug mode from the frontend)

Any suggestions on where to start? Core wordpress features work fine (Adding/Editing pages, image uploads using Media Upload), but DMS almost seems to be in "Read Only" mode or something?

Thanks for any help.

Jake

Hi robertph - I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. A couple of thoughts to get you started with troubleshooting - do you have any posts or pages created and published (not just in draft form) at this point? If not, please do either and see if that solves the problem. If so, could you try disabling all plugins and see if that does the trick? It's also possible you've got a corrupted download of DMS or experienced a hiccup during the install so you could try to delete then reinstall it from scratch and see if that solves it.

Let us know your progress.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

robertph

Jake,

Thanks for your help. I believe we got this figured out. The web team was forcing SSL on Wordpress admin components, and they were using an invalid/unsigned SSL cert. Looks like with Javascript at least, instead of asking the user to accept the unsigned SSL cert, it just blocks the connection. Fair enough! 

They took out the SSL rule and all works as it should.

Thanks