Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandstedt

Ibox - change the link text

Brandstedt    3
Brandstedt

Hi !

I have a question, when i use ibox and put in a link then i get av link under the image "More >" , i am from Sweden so i want to change the text to "Läs mer" (Swedish).

Can anyone help me?

Have a nice day

Ola from Sweden !

Brandstedt    3
Brandstedt

I fund the answer (almost) putting this code in the "Custom code"

.ibox .ibox-desc .ibox-link {display: none;}

Then the text is gone, how to change the text well i don´t know but its okej :-)

Jake    74
Jake

Hi Brandstedt - A fairly easy way to change that text is by using a child theme. You could then take the iBox section, make the change to the text and upload to your child theme sections directory. More info on overriding sections is at http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/override-sections.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

Brandstedt    3
Brandstedt

Hi Jake , thanks i will chek that, i havend learned about child theme yet (don´t know how it works) so i will chek your link

Have a nice day

• Like 1

greenfly    230
greenfly

Please let us know how you get on. 

• Like 1

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

acutservizi    1
acutservizi

Hi guys,

i'm trying to override the ibox section, just like Brandstedt needed above. I need like him to change the "more" link in the relative italian translation. 

Reading overriding documentations it looks i need to upload the base theme. I currently have DMS theme. Should i anyway upload Base Theme? Does it overwrite my changes on DMS configurations and design?

Anyhow I didn't find Base theme on Pagelines store... Am i the worst DMS user here?  :phew: ahah,

thank you!!!

Rob    547
Rob

Anytime.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      I've added a number option (ie the first box has a 1 next to or above, second box has 2, etc) to iBoxes in DMS (as a custom section), and I'd like that for PL5 Boxes as well. Adding it for iBox was quite easy:
      First this: 'opts' => array( 'icon' => array( 'name' => __( 'Icon Font', 'pagelines' ) ), 'count' => array( 'name' => __( 'Counter', 'pagelines' ) ), 'image' => array( 'name' => __( 'Images', 'pagelines' ) ), 'numb' => array( 'name' => __( 'Number', 'pagelines' ) ), 'text' => array( 'name' => __( 'Text Only, No Media', 'pagelines' ) ) And then this } elseif( $media_type == 'numb' ){ $background = ($color) ? sprintf('<span class="invert-icon" style="background-color: %s;"></span>', $color) : ''; $media_html = sprintf( '<i class="iii icon iboks-number" style="%s">%s</i>%s', $text_color, $count, $background ); } And some CSS (though I used the style for icon mostly). iBox already did know which number the box had in the sequence, so adding the number was quite simple. 
      The Boxes code, and PL5 code in general, is a bit mor complex with javascript (with Knockout) and php, and some CSS cheats. It took me a while to figure out how it works, and I'm not sure I quite grasp it yet.
      Adding a number option to the media array is the same as iBox:
      array( 'key' => 'ibox_media', 'type' => 'select', 'opts' => array( 'icon' => array( 'name' => __( 'Icon Font', 'pl-section-boxes' ) ), 'count' => array( 'name' => __( 'Counter', 'pl-section-boxes' ) ), 'boxnumb' => array( 'name' => __( 'Numbering', 'pl-section-boxes' ) ), 'image' => array( 'name' => __( 'Images / SVG', 'pl-section-boxes' ) ), 'text' => array( 'name' => __( 'Text Only, No Media', 'pl-section-boxes' ) ) ), 'default' => 'icon', 'label' => __( 'Select iBox Media Type', 'pl-section-boxes' ), ), In the section template I'll add a line for the boxnumber. In addition I have to add variuous boxnumb classes in the build.less file to make it hidden by default and style it.
      function section_template(){ ?> <script type="text/html" id="boxes-template"> <a class="boxes" data-bind="class: boxclass() + ' pl-col-sm-' + $root.ibox_cols(), plhref: link" > <div class="boxes-pad" data-bind="class: 'pl-control-'+ $root.ibox_format()"> <div class="boxes-media media-left"> <span class="the-boxes-media pl-animation pl-appear" data-bind="class: 'media-'+$root.ibox_media(), style: { color: color, width: $root.image_width() + 'px', opacity: $root.image_opacity}"> <div class="pl-image" data-bind="plbg: image, class: $root.image_format"></div> <span class="pl-counter" data-bind="pltext: count"></span> <span class="pl-boxnumb" data-bind="pltext: ?numbervalue?"></span> <i class="boxes-icon pl-icon" data-bind="class: 'pl-icon-'+icon()"></i> </span> </div> <div class="boxes-text media-right"> <h3 class="boxes-title" data-bind="pltext: title"></h3> <div class="boxes-desc" data-bind="pltext: text"></div> </div> </div> </a> </script> Where I'm stuck is how to get the number to supply to pltext. Since the boxes are numbered in the configuration panel (showing as Item 1, Item 2, ...) I guess there is something in the code that could give me the box number, but what would that be? Finding it in the pure php code of iBox was quite easy, but the Javascript-Knockout.js-PHP code in PL5 isn't that easy to read. 
      I realise that I'm developer terrority now, but I'd appreciate any help. I guess this could be useful for more people if get it to work. Maybe it should be added as a standard option? "X things you need to know" or similar is staple website content and the Boxes section is ideal for that with numbers. On our website the "X things you need to know"-pages is half our traffic. 
    • laka74
      By laka74+
      Dear support,
      I'm having problems using the iBox - can't change anything or delete it ?!
      http://seriousplay.training/
      Best
      regards
      Lasse Kramer
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      I'd like to have the images in iBox to look different with the following CSS. This works when manipulating the CSS with Inspect element in Chrome, but I can't get it to work as a class. Here's the class:
      .imagecontain {     border-radius: 1px;     background-size: contain;     background-repeat: no-repeat;       } This is from my style.less in the child theme. I applied the class to the iBox with custom class option, though nothing happens. How to fix that? How do I target only the div with the image in with CSS?
    • dchetson
      By dchetson+
      I am trying to edit the text in an iBox but every time I attempt to make the change, it doesn't take. Website is www.chetson.com.
      Thanks!
    • Matt C.
      By Matt C.+
      I was wondering if there was a way to download legacy versions of DMS 2, so that I can downgrade my theme to the previous version before 2.1.9.9.  I'm having a weird visualization issue on my website http://udforu.com when it comes to the iBox sections and for some reason I can't retrieve the old version of DMS 2 from my backups.  There's also a weird shifted doubling effect that occurs on the search icon, as well as the icons on my pagelines dashboard.  If you know how to fix that issue that would be great, but as a quick fix if there's a way to downgrade that would be great.