Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

Default Content Post loop cannot be deleted

outtareach    3
outtareach

I am having random issue where the default templates post loop and sidebar continue to reappear in my saved pages.  I delete the section again but after saving and reloading the page it returns. Also trying to attach file but uploader doesnt work.

postloop.jpg

Rob    547
Rob

Okay, instead of modifying the preset default, why not start with a blank page, brand new, create your layout as desired, then go to Templates, and save a new named template for that page.  Since it's a page, it will not have the postloop on it unless you add one.

If you read the docs about this, it is all in there! :)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

outtareach    3
outtareach

You mean just a blank page in wordpress then build from there or a blank template page from pagelines editor(none there)?  I suspect you mean just create a wordpress page to use as the template to start then save as default correct.  Thanks for the help.

Rob    547
Rob

Yes, I meant a clean, new WP page. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• Timothy
      By Timothy+
      Question! Does anyone know how to display a full post rather than the excerpt on the posts page? Normally I can replace 'the_excerpt' with 'the_content' on the page template, but i'm not finding that in the Framework templates...
      Thoughts?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      I am working on a site that uses post categories to organize a large collection of cocktail recipes (such as 'Fall Cocktails', 'Winter Cocktails', 'Spring Cocktails', and 'Summer Cocktails'). I am trying to style the category pages so that a user will land on the Fall page and see the fall posts in a two-column setup. The Pagelines Content section has no real post display options to speak of so I am trying to work within the Loops section, which does produce the overall visual effect that we are hoping for. However, it means that I have to create a Loops section for every single category page and tell it to show the posts for that specific category (Fall posts on the Fall Category page, Spring posts on the Spring page, etc). We actually have about 25 cocktail categories so creating unique pages for each category isn't going to be very time effective for us - especially if we want to change a setting later and have to go to each page to do that.
      So, my question is whether or not there is a way to control general category pages or if there are any other good post loop options that you recommend. This used to be much easier in the past versions of Pagelines and DMS so I just want to make sure I am not missing something within this new system.
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • huskers2011
      By huskers2011+
      I just upgraded to the platform 5 and all my post lop content in static pages is not visible on the site, although it is  selected in the page setup. 
    • micstepl
      By micstepl+
      When inserting a LOOP-Section within a WORDPRESS-Section (Pagelines Framework Content) >>> Images (loops_media) do not show. 
      (same section outside, works well)
    • micstepl
      By micstepl+
      how to make (easy) a post Navigation: previous / next