Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maui00wowi

Widget Text Color

maui00wowi

I would like all my widget text colors to be white. I have tried making at least the titles white by adding

#page .widget-title {color: #FFFFFF;}

to the custom css section but, it does not seem to be working. Any other thoughts? I would like both the titles and the links to be white.

Rob

May we have a link to a live site?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

This issue has been reported, earlier today, to our developers.

maui00wowi

Rob,

Any word yet from the developers? I kinda need to the this site as close to completion as possible by this week.

-Mal

Rob

No word yet from our developers, but Jake has written to the actual developer of the plugin asking for help in getting a resolution.  We hope they'll reply today.  Normally, when our own developers come up with a solution, we don't receive notice.  They just fix it and include the fix in the next update release.

Many of us have tested this and clearly there is an issue.  Jake did mention today that others using different website design tools are also having issues with the Custom Sidebar plugin removing styling.  He found this http://wordpress.org/plugins/sidebar-manager-light/ but doesn't know yet if it will have similar issues.  We've not had the chance to test it fully, but he did point out that there don't seem to be the same requests for this one as for Custom Sidebars.  That usually indicates less of a problem.  Would you like to test it and let us know?

Jake

Hi maui00wowi (and thank you for keeping folks informed @Rob) - Unfortunately I have reached out to the developer several times in several different ways and have yet to receive a response or even an acknowledgement of my inquiries. It doesn't appear that he has answered anything at all on the WordPress.org support forums or his own blog for almost a year so I think the best bet moving forward is for all of us to begin working with a different plugin. I do think the Sidebar Manager that Rob mentioned http://wordpress.org/plugins/sidebar-manager-light is a good one. I've also started testing another option called Content Aware Sidebars http://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/ and this looks promising as well.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

maui00wowi

Still having problems with getting the text white even after using Sidebar Manager Light. Is the coding wrong? This is what I have...

#page .widget-Sidebar1 {color: #FFFFFF;}

Jake

Hi maui00wowi - Try adding this custom CSS:

#footer, .widget .widget-title, .widget .widgettitle, a {color: #FFFFFF;}

maui00wowi

Thanks!!! Worked like a charm! 

The custom sidebar plugin was pretty cool btw.

-Mal

maui00wowi

small problem actually, 

This turned my text color for woocommerce and buddypress white as well.... :(

Jake

My apologies maui00wowi - missed an important part in my code! Use this instead and you should be good to go!

#footer, .widget .widget-title, .widget .widgettitle, #footer a {color: #FFFFFF;}

maui00wowi

Thanks! Problem solved :)