Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jens

Can't Preview my forms in because of the DMS Editor

Jens

Hi,

I am getting an error with Visual Form Builder Pro:

Fatal error: Call to a member function process_styles() on a non-object in /home/...dms/editor/editor.init.php on line 162

Any thoughts to this?

- It works only if I preview the form with a short code on page.

BR
Jens

Rob

Hi Jens,

It's either a plugin conflict or some bad custom code. Are you seeing "LESS Compile Error" in the WP admin bar?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jens

Hello,

I don't see any "LESS Compile Error" in the WP admin bar. (However I have disabled the horizontal admin bar).

NB: Formidable forms give the same "editor" error...

How can we going forward to identify the reason?

Rob

Well, this is a process of elimination.

First let's disable all the plugins.  If you have a cache plugin, clear the cache immediately before deactivating that. If the condition resolves itself then reactivate one at a time, to see if the condition returns.  If it does, then the last plugin reactivated is the problem.  Deactivate it again, and find a replacement.

Is any of the custom CSS you have created actually LESS CSS? If it isn't, and you used standard CSS or CSS3, then copy it all and use the Direct Input tab at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_input  Just paste it into the field and test it.  That site will return all errors in your custom code that might break things in your site.  You can just fix your code (it tells you what's wrong), and return your cleaned up code to its proper place.

If these don't work, we can run debug...

Jens

Hello Rob,

For now I have checked, that my custom css is CSS level 3 certified.

Secondly I have tested the standard theme 

Twenty Eleven

And then the form Preview works flawless.

- Do I really still have to work my way through all plugins?

Rob

I'm going to presume there may be a conflict between DMS and your forms plugin.  I'm sorry about this, and unable to support the 3rd party plugin.  I realize it works fine with a default theme but we use the most advanced javascript, jquery and ajax.  I'm presuming it must be one of those.  The plugin developer would have to upgrade his product to meet ours.   I'm confident our developers won't retrograde DMS for any plugins.

Many 3rd party developers have been eager to download our free version, read our docs and upgrade to meet DMS.   Have you contacted them?