Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robgrafico

Dms free an pro difference

robgrafico

What are exactly the difference with free and pro DMS?

I have activate dmd free and all the function seems to work so with the pro version what change?

caspersjan

Hello Robgrafico,

I have asked the same question, here and to the helpdesk. I'll copy you the answer. There have been numerous requests to spell things out more clearly on the website, I am sure the Pagelines team is working on it. In the meantime, here is a list that should give us a good idea. The only function I have been missing thus far is the ability to offset sections. The Basic version seems to be very powerful as it is!

Quote (from the Pagelines helpdesk):

"The differences between Pro, Business and Developer are the number of activations you can have on each subscription. For example on Pro you can activate on one site, Business six sites and Developer on unlimited sites. 

Site editing tools, for example - 

Offsets

Cloning

Various options throughout

Professional Sections -

PopThumbs

Callout

Masthead

Pricing

Rapid Tabs

StarBars

PageLines Link Credit Removed

Updates to Professional Features

Libraries and Effects -

Animations

Transitions

Technical Support

Enhanced Performance and SEO

Additional Pro Services

300 Community Access

Special deals and invites

Any sections or pro features you use will remain visible on the site after the activation key is removed, but you'll lose the power to edit the section/features options etc. So it won't change the look of your site dramatically, or break the layout. But if you wanted to edit that section again in the future you would have to add the activation key back in to make the edits and then deactivate it again until next time. 

Rob

The differences between the free version and the paid ones are incredible. If you want a fantastic website, in my humble opinion, you'll want at least a Pro account.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

joseneas

Hi

Pagination (pagenavi) is a feature of the pro version?

Rob

Pagination is a WP element.  Use WP-Page Navi for that... a free plugin. Works fine in DMS.

joseneas

Hello Rob,

Found that pagination is not showing due to the following rule (themes/dms/includes/library.templates.php - Line 644):

function pagelines_pagination() {

if (function_exists('wp_pagenavi') && show_posts_nav() && VPRO):

[...] 

If version is free, it will not be displayed and yes, the 'next' and 'previous' links to paginate the posts and pages.

Well, the most WordPress templates provide pagination, wonder why DMS does not provide in the free version?

Rob

Do you see the "Pagination" icon in DMS Toolbar under "Add Sections"?  I see it, but it's greyed out.

joseneas
Yes Rob, the icon of pagination section is showing on sections available, I dragged for the Postloop, but nothing happens.

So, I commented the code (only teste):
      if (function_exists('wp_pagenavi') && show_posts_nav() ): //&& VPRO):

And pagination appears.

Does pagination might be available in a future update?

Thank you.

ediehl

Do you see the "Pagination" icon in DMS Toolbar under "Add Sections"?  I see it, but it's greyed out.

hi

i have dms pro, but i can't add/instert the sections "post/page pagination", "posts info" and "404 error" because it's greyed out

does anyone have an idea why and how to resolve this?

thank you already for your help and answers

elia

• Similar Content

• save4eg
      By save4eg
      Hello. Today i changed my hosting and reinstall DMS. Until DNS servers changed, a have an option to create my site on virtual server of my hosting provider, and the where installed and activated DMS. When new DNS servers applyed, DMS say, that my DMS Pro not active, and Exceeded maximum number of activations. Site: http://pscommunity.ru/
    • glamoursmith
      By glamoursmith
      HI,

I've watched the intro video, and when I look for the various and sundry types of templates that are shown in the video, I only see default templates. How do I get all the other template types?  Is that an additional plug in?
    • yaerproductions
      By yaerproductions
      Hello,

I am new to DMS after having been very comfortable with Pagelines Framework for many years.

In Pagelines, I had a clear understanding of how to set page width, etc.

In DMS, I have found that I can set it to either a pixel or percent, but regardless of which I select, I cannot find a way to set the pixels or the percent.

Please see the screenshot in which I am attempting to update global settings for the site. I have set the layout mode to "pixel width" but I have no idea how many pixels this is!! This is problematic because when I go to embed images, videos, etc, the item is keeping the height specified in the embed code, but it is flexing the width to match the page width. So all video embeds have these horribly ugly black bars on them. I can do a bunch of trial and error to figure it out... or there could (should) be an easy built-in way for DMS to just tell me how wide the page is, right?

Please let me know if you have any ideas!!

• irfan khan
      By irfan khan
      I am using DMS Pro & i want to create site same as http://www.dusaneinfotech.com/ in which i used feature section for home page banner but i didn't find same section in DMS pls help me out & can we seperate search bar & menus means i want to display search bar on different place & menus  on different place 2nd if i want apply background image on whole page then what i have to do for that. & also guide for other custom design related issues which i emplemented in http://www.dusaneinfotech.com/
      Pls reply on irfan_khan@paarami.com Waiting for your kind reply..
    • caspersjan
      By caspersjan
      Dear Pagelines, I have been tinkering with DMS offline, trying to get a feel for it. While some things take some getting used to, it is very pleasant and promising so far. Great job!

As I read in an answer to another Forum post that the expected life time of Framework is about a year it seems wise to make a move soon. But the pricing model is very different. I run six websites, documenting projects in schools and libraries. All of these are non-profit and not generating an income.

With the old Framework, there was a one-off payment plus the cost for assorted Store sections and plugins. A monthly fee is beyond our budget reality. The Basic version is free and already seems very powerful. But if I wish to access some Pro functions, would it be possible to purchase e.g. three months of Pro, to rebuild my sites, and then go to Basic? And purchase three or four months of Pro stretched out over a year, for maintenance? 

This may look petty, but I am not making sites to sell them. Please let me know if it is possible to access the Pro version occasionally, during construction and maintenance periods. And which features exactly will be disabled once the Pro subscription is terminated. I cannot find concise information on the Pagelines site, just a general statement.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate your your work hope to be able to continue making the best use of it. Yours faithfully, Jan.