Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonderwoman

feature navigation bar on regardless

wonderwoman

Hi

I have a set of pages were I want all the layout to be the same.  Most of these pages use the features section because they showcase a series of images. I have a background image on the feature nav bar which I want to keep.

A couple of the pages are being converted from a series of images to video.

For those that are showcasing a video, I only want one thing to show - the video. 

If I tell the system to display only one feature, it automatically drops the nav bar.  Perfectly Logical.

Sadly logical isn't what I'm after here because that changes the page look.

How can I force the navbar background image to display, regardless of the number of features?

If I've solved this the wrong way (as in not feature nav bar background image), is there a better way?

Rob

Hi,

You kinda hit the answer like a hammer on a nail!  With one slide (video, image... doesn't matter) the menu doesn't need to appear. There's no point as the navigation is not required... where would you go from one slide?

So the concept of making one button or any other navigation item is, as far as I know, impossible without recoding the slider.  You'd need a computer programmer to do that.

Now, as for bringing the background to display no matter what the number of slides... well, that's a matter of two concepts.  Find the right element (where the background can be inserted) and set the min-height for the entire element. With CSS, you should be able to position the slide let's say 50px above the bottom edge of the container, and have the background display in the void area, where the nav would normally go.

I think the problem here is that your background is in a variable location, insofar as it disappears when there's nothing to navigate. If it was in a fixed element, and the height were fixed, then it must appear.

I hope this makes sense.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wonderwoman

Thank you for your input.  Found another solution to the problem with your help. :D

Rob

I'm happy you were able to fix it, and that I helped in any way.  :D

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur