Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laura

Adjusting the height of the Quickslider in PageLines Framework

laura

i've got photos that are all sized consistently and I'm wanting to put them in a quickslider for attractive viewing purposes. I'd like the slider area to match the image size, but it seems no matter how i adjust the image/canvas size, the quickslider height seems too tall for the viewing area of the screen (i.e., you have to scroll to see the bottom of the slider when viewing on a monitor) Is there an easy way to adjust without knowing CSS? Learning CSS is not in my future but I've been tasked with getting this to work attractively on desktop as well as mobile. Suggestions anyone? Does PageLines DMS help this? Is DMS a better tool for those of us without CSS experience?

www.community.joulebug.com/test

Rob

Hello Laura,

Normally, the Quick Slider adapts on its own, with no coding needed to wrap around the slides.  It will adapt itself to contain the tallest image. 

I looked on your website and cannot find the Quick Slider anywhere to examine it and see what it's doing.

What height images are you adding? If they're taller than the screen size, then they will force someone to scroll to see it. Please remember too, these images do not scale in normal browsers. 

Have you considered our Responsive Slider instead of the Quick Slider?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur