Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DonRicardoRVM

Can we disable mobile optimized view

DonRicardoRVM+    5
DonRicardoRVM

Is possible in DMS forces mobile devices to see the full site as in Pahelines Framework? 

How can I do it?

Ricardo Royo-Villanova

Agítalo 3.0

Rob    547
Rob

In theory, you can enable v2 Compatibility in DMS Global Options.  Then check all your old Framework settings. If you see Disable Mobile View checked, uncheck it, then save.  Deactivate v2 Compatibility and the problem should go away.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

DonRicardoRVM+    5
DonRicardoRVM

Thank yo very much. Now is all OK. Sorry for my bad english.

Why you have remove in DMS the posibility of disable mobile optimized view. It was very very usefull.

Ricardo Royo-Villanova

Agítalo 3.0

Rob    547
Rob

Your English is very good. 

We are considering adding that option in DMS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• Dan P
      By Dan P
      I have noticed that the Fixed Navigation Bar is fixed only on screen resolutions from 800 x 600 or higher.  How can I ensure that the Navigation Bar sticks to the top of the screen when scrolling the page on mobile devices?
    • lutz
      By lutz
      Hi!

I just realized that I used the wrong site layout mode ("Responsive with Pixel Width"): This causes the page to "shrink" when the user views the page in a browser window that's smaller than the site size (1100 pixels). Means the columns of all three areas (main content area, primary siebar, secondary sidebar) are displays smaller tahn they should. That looks terible!

That's why I switched to "Sttic with Pixel With" mode - that's better ... but only on desktop browsers.
      When you watch the site on a mobile device (smartphone), this "Static" mode causes not only a black background, but this backgroud lays partially over tho two sidebar areas! Please see the screenshot attached. The original site look you'll find here: mobiwatch.de

So my question is: is this a bug? Or how can I make Pagelines show a static page that looks good on mobile devices, too?

Thanks in advance!

• jmulkins
      By jmulkins
      We are using PlatfromPro 1.5.3. The navigation bar and banner are not showing up on mobile devices. After searching the forum for clues I still can;t figure out why.
      I've tried different themes and have used the switcher settings to no effect. I've treid different mobile themes as well. Still, I can't believe this is a complicated issue. Is there a simple way to enable the banner and nav bar on my site?

http://peoplescongress.org
      johnmulkins@gmail.com or
      johnmulkins@peoplescongress.org
    • jbrouwer
      By jbrouwer
      Hi,

I've posted a question on http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/browser-css/ about custom css for buddypress pages on mobile devices. The Browser Specific CSS plugin does not set custom body classes on buddypress pages. Would be nice if this feature could be added.