Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawsonbarber

This template returned blank and visitors will not see it

dawsonbarber

Does anybody know what the cause of the following message is - and what I can do about it:

This template returned blank and visitors will not see it. Refresh, settings or data changes may be needed for output.

It's come up on a number of different pages on a site under development and nothing I do makes it go away in edit mode. When I click out of edit mode, it goes away.

Rob

Dawson, if you load the template on a new page, do you see it at all?  Did you save a current WYSIWYG configuration to the template?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dawsonbarber

Hey Rob

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The message actually appears as an "Admin Notice" inside the comments block on a blog post excerpt on the homepage. The content on the page does appear.

If I disable the editor, everything looks good. And if I click on the excerpt and go to the post, everything's fine there as well (including comments).

I've tried deactivating all plugins to see if there was a conflict, but the problem remained.

Anyway, it doesn't appear to have any effect on the site itself and shows up only as an admin notice and only in the excerpt, so I'm not too worried about it.

greenfly

hello Dawson 

Could you send us an admin logon for your site and we will take a further look at this for you. 

If you could send them to hello@pagelines.com please with a link to this forum topic in the email? 

Thanks 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Rob

Dawson,  I have to say I experienced this myself.  I'm as curious as you about the solution!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur