Sign in to follow this  
style

BuddyPress Admin Bar on PlatformForum BBPress?

style

Hi, How do I get the BuddyPress Admin Bar on the PlatformForum BBPress? I was able to integrate the sites it just looks a little odd going from the main page, which has the admin bar, to the forum page which doesn't. Thanks!

Andrew

This is a tough one. We actually worked on this and couldn't figure it out.. because it required adjusting the BuddyPress template files. Did you check with the BuddyPress forum?

onlinetracker

Ouch. I just upgraded to the Developer edition because I was under the impression that things were fully integrated. Including skinning and features across the three features of the Platform Theme + Forum + BuddyPress.

Andrew

Well we'll work on it for you; I've been in touch with the developer of BuddyPress about this problem.

stereoscott

@onlinetracker: Buddy Press has built-in support for BBPress, and in fact includes a version of bbpress inside of its plugin automatically (look in your plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress folder. When you activate Forums within BuddyPress it will ask you for the location of your bb-config.php file. If you do this, the buddy press admin bar will appear on your forum pages.

Andrew

Scott you're correct... that's another solution to the problem. Especially since we just added advanced forum support in buddypress.

bryan-hadaway

Were you able to get this fixed? Thanks, Bryan

tjrutkowski

I have not found a fix to this. I still do not see the admin bar on forum pages, but it appears on other pages (when you are logged in).

catrina

Have you already tried Scott's fix as mentioned above?:

Buddy Press has built-in support for BBPress, and in fact includes a version of bbpress inside of its plugin automatically (look in your plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress folder. When you activate Forums within BuddyPress it will ask you for the location of your bb-config.php file. If you do this, the buddy press admin bar will appear on your forum pages.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bansuriflute

No this does not work. I have the same problem.