Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissT

DMS install errors

MissT

Hi there,

I've downloaded the dms.zip file from my account page but it doesn't seem to want to install, tried it a few times but I'm getting the following...I've tried it on WordPress 3.5.2. and with WordPress 3.3.1

Installing Theme from uploaded file: dms.zip

Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Hi,

Wordpress should be at 3.6, not 3.31 or 3.52. For security, it is always best to be up to date with WordPress.

Next, your installation can be corrupted because you're not using the right version of WP.  So, let's go manually.

Okay, so here's what you do:

1.  Go to http://www.pagelines.com.  Get another copy of DMS (the latest) which should be about 4.2Mb.  Unzip it. Save the folder it contains, named dms to your computer's desktop.

2.  FTP to your site and navigate to wp-content/themes/ and find the dms folder there.  Delete it.  Do not worry about losing anything. All your custom code is located in the database. Images are elsewhere.  Wait, patiently till the original dms folder is fully deleted.

3.  When it's finished, upload the dms folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes/  Let the entire folder install, completely.

4.  If you have a cache plugin activated, use its settings to clear the cache.  If you're using CDN, clear that too.  Then, deactivate the cache plugin.

5.  Browse to your site in Chrome. Login as admin, then view the site.  Your toolbar should be at the bottom nor near bottom of your screen.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

MissT

Thanks for that - I've tried downloading a new copy again today and it's working now. I downloaded new zip files several time last week and it didn't instal properly but has worked today for some reason.

Thanks again.

Rob

I'm very happy it has worked.  That's what counts.

MissT

Thanks again for your help - it's not always possible to work with the latest version of WP I'm afraid as often I need to use plugins that haven't yet been tested / won't work with the latest version.

Rob

Understandable, but then you risk your site being vulnerable to security breaches.  It's a fine balancing act, I know.