Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toby

Using visibility (Mobile)

Toby    2
Toby
Hi I am trying to use the '.hidden-phone' styling class, however it does not hide the section.
I have simply pasted 'hidden-phone' into the styling class section on the text box I want to hide, however it doesn't seem to be working.

Any help would be appreciated.

beardedavenger    158
beardedavenger

Yep it'll hide on 767. Kinda weird cause it's not exactly a phone size. Here's the ref

https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/blob/Dev/less/responsive.less#L27

Something big is coming for DMS + photographers.

http://fotostheme.com

Nick Haskins & CO - New home for all of my PageLines Store products! 

http://nickhaskins.co

Better DMS - News, Tutorials, and Tips

http://betterdms.com

Toby    2
Toby
What would be a mobile screen size and can I modify the CSS with something like:

.visible-phone {
max-width: 800px }

Also I have tried to apply:
'visible-desktop'
However this still displays the section on all screen sizes.

mtaus+    5
mtaus

Same question here...

I have a text box that contains a banner ad. The banner is wide so it breaks the nice mobile layout. I added hidden-phone to the styling class, but it still shows up. Any suggestions?

James B    436
James B

Hi there, try giving your banner it's own class and then use css to hide depending on the screen size.

@media (max-width: 767px) {

.my-banner { display: none; }

}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      every since Chrome introduce scroll anchoring (see chrome://flags) blog posts on my page start scroll automatically as soon as the user scrolls down a bit. It is super annoying and I don't know exactly what triggers the incompatibility with Chrome's latest feature that is supposed to improve usability.
      Since I don't know what causes it (Pagelines, or a Plugin), I would like to disable the feature using a CSS override that Google describes as follow:
      "Scroll anchoring aims to be the default mode of behavior when launched, so that users benefit from it even on legacy content. A CSS property overflow-anchor can disable scroll anchoring in part or all of a webpage (opt out), or exclude portions of the DOM from the anchor node selection algorithm. This property supports the following values when applied to an element E:
      overflow-anchor: auto (the default value) declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E. overflow-anchor: none declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is not eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E." Do you guys happen to know how to use that property with the ROOT element so it applies to the whole page?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,

I have been using DMS and pagelines.
      I am facing to a huge trouble with the appearance of one of my page on mobile (smart phones) built with pagelines.
      However I haven’t come to any solutions to organise either edit the appearance of mobile view to look neat or deactivate the responsive function. 
      Now it looks totally messy on the phone...

1. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the mobile version (responsive theme)?
      2. Is there any way to deactivate responsive function?

If I could receive support from you to go thorough this process I would be happy to be a pro member. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    • wyo22ski
      By wyo22ski+
      Hello,

I'm basically a designer and understand a little on how to change CSS, etc., so please excuse my ignorance...  I recently upgraded to the newest platform from the DMS and my old DMS theme no longer functions.  I'm trying to replace the image slider that my Horizon Photography Theme (Nick Haskins) had created.  The Impulse image slider seemed the closest to what I need, but there are problems.
      It seems the the Impulse section for sliding images defaults to the image width, no the height.  I can change the Impulse stage height and width, but this does nothing to the internal content.  For instance, if I change the height to 200 pixels, the image remains the full width and only shows a cropped section.  I would like the ability to change the Impulse height, and have the image height fit space. 
      I've put this custom CSS in, but again, this only controls the stage height of Impulse:
      .pl-sn-impulse .pl-impulse-cell .cell-wrap, .pl-impulse-container, .owl-stage-outer {
        width: 100%;
      }

Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks 
    • poseyg
      By poseyg+
      This just happened to a site I'm working on. When I decrease width of browser to check for responsiveness...the pagelines content section is not responding???
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      While building my website, I set a padding of 5%, 25%, 5%, 25% so the text on the pages is not too wide.
      However, it looks crappy on mobile.
      How do I get the same effect and still have it look good on mobile?
      Example: http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      Thanks