Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

julius

Custom LESS/CSS error

julius

Hello,

I messed u something...

now I cant access or click the DMS admin bar in front end.

On dashboard I get this message:

PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error.

parse error: failed at `` line: 1037

If I try to delete the custom LESS / CSS from dashboard > pagelines > DMS tool,

that doesn't work (I get a blank white site).

Anyone knows what I could try?

Can I delete all my custom css / script via FTP (wich file? didnt find it myself...)

Or does this mean I must restore the entire site...?

Danny

Hi,

DMS has a backend that allows you to access your custom code, such as CSS/LESS and custom scripts. A Parse error is caused by you not having valid CSS, such as missing ; { } :

To address your issue, login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > DMS Tools, then review your custom CSS/LESS for errors.

Please search our forums, before posting!

julius

Hi,

DMS has a backend that allows you to access your custom code, such as CSS/LESS and custom scripts. A Parse error is caused by you not having valid CSS, such as missing ; { } :

To address your issue, login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > DMS Tools, then review your custom CSS/LESS for errors.

As I wrote in my post, I tried this but it does not work: when I delete the code and click "safe", I get a blank page...

xlrgroup

hi Danny

I see you are a fellow resident of sunny Manchester.

What about setting up some Manchester training through Meet up or something?

I'm sure there must be more Manc Pageline users than you and me.

Rob

@julius  Do you have a cache plugin activated?  If so, clear the cache via the settings of the plugin, then deactivate it.  If you're using CDN, clear that too, before deactivating the cache plugin.

Can you access the Custom Code you've added?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

julius

Hi, I can access the code like here http://screencast.com/t/Zw4IkJ1adjm

but it cant be deleted.

(know it was stupid to put tne script code there....)

I sent the screenshot to my hosting company to ask if they find out where it is,

so maybe it can be deleted from filemanager.

now I 'll try the caching things...

.....and next time I'll do better backups.... :P

Rob

Julius, keep us updated about your progress.  Let us know if your host can resolve it.

julius

thanx Rob I am fine.

I had to reset the site though...

but it teached me to do more backups before experimenting with css and scripts  ;-)

Rob

Julius, that's one of the greatest lessons we can learn in our lifetime!

Bravo!

• Similar Content

• suerama
      By suerama+
      Here is the error that appeared this morning, after making some changes to a couple of pages last night:

parse error: failed at `(~"> .span@{index}") { .span(@index); }` line: 907

Usually when I get a css error it's css that I've created that is the problem, and I go into my custom code area and correct it. But that is not the case this time. I did not change any css last night (knowingly), and don't understand this code, so I don't know what to change. Nor would I know where to go to change it. I imagine I'd have to use the FTP, but where would I go, and what would I change?
    • jeremyalmeda1
      By jeremyalmeda1
      Hello. I am getting this error. 
      parse error: failed at `add_action( 'pagelines_options_dms_less', array(&$this, 'dms_tools_less') );` line: 1023

The front end editor stopped working, I googled and found this code (attached) and pasted into DMS Tools options to "fix the Front-End". But now when I try to remove the code I can't save the page? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for assistance.