Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Khepri

BOX SECTION

Khepri    7
Khepri

Hello Everyone in Pagelines Land-
I my site which uses Pagelines 2.4.4 has a few pages that are structured around the boxes and I would like to rebuild the site using this part of the framework. Is there anyway this can be done? I tried placing the boxes in my theme section, plugin folder, child theme folders, dms them folder and all I got was broken DMS admin access. I could see the bar but Chrome would not allow me to move it up so i could modify it. This all happened after I used the V2 compatibility options. Ultimately I had to remove and reset causing me to lose a lot of coding time as one of my sections was using "squared" by @ahanson89. While this is a great section once I got everything to work again, I had lost all of my hours of coding.

So
1 is there a way to get boxes to work as a section?
2 is there a way to access your code for "squared" in the back end so you can back up in case I encounter another no access break?

PS @ahanson89 I tagged you because your product is wonderful but I also figured you should know about this and hoped that you might be able to share a solution.
Thank you everyone.
I appreciate all of your time and hard work.

✔There is no perfect recipe for success! 
✔There is no failure, only feedback. 
✔There are no mistakes, only rainbow bridges to insights and wisdom. 

James B    436
James B

Hi there, you can download the legacy sections plugin which includes boxes for us in DMS from - http://usingpagelines.com/get-legacy-framework-sections-pagelines-dms/

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Khepri    7
Khepri

Thank You James! That gives me something to work with.
With gratitude.
JD

✔There is no perfect recipe for success! 
✔There is no failure, only feedback. 
✔There are no mistakes, only rainbow bridges to insights and wisdom. 

Rob    547
Rob

We're always happy to help.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi,
      I tried to make a simple change on my opt-in page today by reordering two sections.
      Now they won't save and whatever I do, the same 2 section will be stuck to the top.
      This is a huge problem since it is my opt-in page!
      http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      (I'm on the latest WP & PL version)
      Thanks.

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.

• Audun MB
      By Audun MB+

Here:http://attac.no/global-ulikhet/
      The images are forced into a boxed frame so that you can't see the whole picture. Doesn't look so good. Is this a bug? A feature? How can I fix it?
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      The recent WP update seems to be quite cheeky...messing about with a number of things. 

Having trouble with boxes displaying differently in different browsers.  1st screen shot is Chrom...looks ok. 
      2nd screenshot is Firefox...colors are different. Icons are different. Have weird 1000's next to the icons. Any idea what's going on? 

Thanks!! 
      Judith