Sign in to follow this  
atwr

Resize Feature Box?

atwr

I would like to resize the featurebox in Platform, but can't seem to figure it out. Yes, I have looked for and found topics on this issue. However, none of them work for me. So please help. As I also wanted to change fonttype, my custom CSS currently looks like this: body, div, p, a, textarea, input, h1, h2, h3, h4{font-family:verdana !important} #feature .hentry{height:100px} I have also looked the #feature .hentry in the css file, but could not find it there What am I doing wrong?

Andrew

What do you mean by resize the box? Can you post a mockup of what you're trying to do?

atwr

Hi Andrew, What I would like to do is decrease the hight of the feature container. The standard size is 960 x 330. I would like to reduce the hight to 200. And if it's possible I might also want to reduce the width, so the item in the left sidebar will move to the top of the page. That way most of my content will show up when opening the site and visitors won't have to scroll so far down. I hope you understand waht I mean. Have a look at my site www.twanroovers.nl Thanks

Andrew

Height will probably be easy... width, maybe a little harder. Anyway, here is the code to change the height ` body #feature-area,body .feature-wrap,body #feature_slider .fmedia, body #feature_slider .fcontent, body #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, body #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad,body #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad{ height: 330px; } `

atwr

Thanks Andrew. Works like a charm! Any chance you can help me with that width issue as well..;-)??

cmunns

That is a much more involved process. You can't do that with just CSS alone. I think we are going to develop a section to do this. (put features and boxes in within main content area beside the sidebar area.)

atwr

Thanks Adam. Looking forward to that new section ;-)

derick03

I feel like an idiot, because I don't know where to put that code that arpowers gave you. Does it go in the Custom CSS box in the Custom Code? I tried putting it there and nothing happened for me...

body {
	body #feature-area,body  .feature-wrap,body #feature_slider .fmedia,
	body #feature_slider .fcontent, body #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad,
	body #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad,body #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad
	     height: 550px;
	}

What am I doing wrong?

atwr

Hi Curtis, Loose the body {} taggs. Just insert this in the custom CSS box: ` body #feature-area,body .feature-wrap,body #feature_slider .fmedia, body #feature_slider .fcontent, body #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, body #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad,body #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad{ height: 200px; } ` This should do the job.

atwr

Addition to my previous post You should finish the code with a '}'

ltatum

I have added the code below in the custom CSS box, but it still does not resize the features banner. Also, I would be interested in resizing width as well so that the sidebar menu can move up. body #feature-area,body .feature-wrap,body #feature_slider .fmedia, body #feature_slider .fcontent, body #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, body #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad,body #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad height: 200px; } Thanks for your help,

peterpetersmythecom

Thanks for your help on this too.